WC 2020

Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default WC 2020

UAE official says Qatar giving up World Cup could end crisis | Daily Mail Online

On Sunday night, Khalfan targeted the FIFA tournament in his tweets.
"If the World Cup goes out of Qatar, the crisis in Qatar will end because the crisis was made to break it," he wrote.

Interesting.... if I'm honest, I have always thought that Qatar would never get to hold this. Imagine if the boycott was still on during the tournament. Travel would be awful. There'd be no one there.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WC 2020

Originally Posted by jam25mack
UAE official says Qatar giving up World Cup could end crisis | Daily Mail Online

On Sunday night, Khalfan targeted the FIFA tournament in his tweets.
"If the World Cup goes out of Qatar, the crisis in Qatar will end because the crisis was made to break it," he wrote.

Interesting.... if I'm honest, I have always thought that Qatar would never get to hold this. Imagine if the boycott was still on during the tournament. Travel would be awful. There'd be no one there.
Yeah...... as it stands I think there's a very good chance the embargo will still be on in 2022. Which means the biggest clientele for the WC - the other GCC countries, won't be able to come to Qatar. Which also means that the leagues of drunken European tourists won't be able to plan a Dubai holiday and flying over to Qatar just for the day they have tickets for a match. They'll take one look at Qatar and laugh and stay home.

Maybe that is the secret plan. Realising that Qatar won't be backing down the surrounding countries are resorting to humiliating Qatar as much as possible over the WC as it's the highest profile event for Qatar - ever.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 9:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Very interesting thoughts.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 10:17 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Cant see them moving the date and the host. Would be too much disruption.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

They could always split it between four countries...England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland !!!!
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
They could always split it between four countries...England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland !!!!
It's the only way the Jocks would qualify
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
It's the only way the Jocks would qualify
I'm limiting my piss take of the Scottish Father and Welsh friends because let's face it, we are ****ing dreadful.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Yeah...... as it stands I think there's a very good chance the embargo will still be on in 2022. Which means the biggest clientele for the WC - the other GCC countries, won't be able to come to Qatar. Which also means that the leagues of drunken European tourists won't be able to plan a Dubai holiday and flying over to Qatar just for the day they have tickets for a match. They'll take one look at Qatar and laugh and stay home.

Maybe that is the secret plan. Realising that Qatar won't be backing down the surrounding countries are resorting to humiliating Qatar as much as possible over the WC as it's the highest profile event for Qatar - ever.
My thoughts too.

Originally Posted by Fossildog
Cant see them moving the date and the host. Would be too much disruption.
I can if there's a chance no one will go.... If this embargo is still in place thats a distinct possibility.

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
True. Pretty much ready to go.

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm limiting my piss take of the Scottish Father and Welsh friends because let's face it, we are ****ing dreadful.
I haven't, they can all get it right round them!

*not that I actually care about International football.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

I think probably the highest profile event in the entire GCC, next nearest would be what, Dubai rugby 7's, golf? Hardly the same league methinks.

I still think it's going to be mighty interesting to watch the standoff between a vodka fueled Russian horde and the Qatari police weebles.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by martinbkk
I think probably the highest profile event in the entire GCC, next nearest would be what, Dubai rugby 7's, golf? Hardly the same league methinks.
Highest by a mega country mile....

I'd say that the Dubai World Cup (Horses) or the Golf would be the closest. Sevens, not so much.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 2:54 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Doha is hosting the 2019 IAAF World Championships, which I'm told is a huge sporting event. Being held from September 28 until October 6 at the refurb'd Khalifa Stadium, so temps up to 40 deg. and very high humidity to be expected.

Be interesting to see how it goes...
Old Oct 12th 2017, 5:25 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Doha has hosted the Asian games which is a huge event in terms of competitors (though in fairness they probably outnumbered the interested spectators).

I'd say F1 in AD and Bahrain would be the biggest sporting events in the Gulf. AD has also hosted the FIFA world club championships a couple of times (you know the thing in December with the winners of the various Champions Leagues).
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:57 am
Account Closed

All the events listed are nothing compared to the World Cup.
It's the biggest global sporting event, by a country mile.

What's it worth etc
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:01 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
All the events listed are nothing compared to the World Cup.
It's the biggest global sporting event, by a country mile.

What's it worth etc
Yes, the World Cup is huge, but I would have thought in terms of physical spectators and TV viewing, isn't the Olympics bigger?
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TheShed
Yes, the World Cup is huge, but I would have thought in terms of physical spectators and TV viewing, isn't the Olympics bigger?
Good point. They're very equal.
"The general trend is that every 2 years every new Summer Olympiad will break the previous World Cup record and then next World Cup will do the same."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.