Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Wanted - Cheap, Fast Manual Car

Wanted - Cheap, Fast Manual Car

Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:09 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wanted - Cheap, Fast Manual Car

Don't even know if they exist here, but back in England I had a 1500 pound 1997 Nissan 200sx Turbo with which when I had the boost turned up was pushing around 300bhp and was bloody mental.

I want to find something similar out here for around 10000/20000dhs.

I don't want a big expensive car cos I just thrash shit out of em!

WHY?

Bison
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:25 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted - Cheap, Fast Manual Car

yes they exist, most however will have already been thrashed by young locals.
Beaware though that the law is changing in January so you wont be able to register a car older than 20yrs old or buy/sell one over 10yrs old. In 2010 the law changes again so that you cant drive anything older than 15yrs old.

Remember as well that adding turbos etc here is pretty much impossible for expats, if you do you will need to remove any mods before your annual inspection and put them back on afterwards, this may also invalidate your insurance. Its not impossible but as near as damn it.

check out gulfnews clasifieds, souq.com, dubizzle.com, etc
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:58 am
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bison
Don't even know if they exist here, but back in England I had a 1500 pound 1997 Nissan 200sx Turbo with which when I had the boost turned up was pushing around 300bhp and was bloody mental.

I want to find something similar out here for around 10000/20000dhs.

I don't want a big expensive car cos I just thrash shit out of em!

WHY?

Bison
Hi,

Bought one in Dubai, it's in a sea container at the moment on it's way to Rotterdam port. I was basically told the same thing. If you fine tune a car (boost the engine power) in the UAE, it has to be brought back to it's original state for every inspection. When I asked what they would charge to make the car road worthy in Europe again they couldn't quote me for that as it's never done in the UAE. (Upgrade or down grade a car I mean) As I bought it in original state, the car manufacturer will continue the warranty on it until it's either 5 years old, or 120.000 kilometers on the clock in Europe.

Last edited by Dutchie; Aug 7th 2008 at 7:16 am.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 7:37 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I won't be sticking a turbo or anything on the car (possibly just an exhaust) but changing that won't be a problem as my friend is opening this - www.roarperformance.ae in Abu Dhabi in the near future.

I am after a standard turbo like a Scooby WRX, a Lancer EVO, Toyota Supra, Nissan200/240/Sylvia/Pulsar etc and to up the power witll just stick on an MBC (Manual Boost Contrioller) which only takes 2 mins to add/remove from the car. Or and N/A with power like an older M3/M5.

Bison
Old Aug 7th 2008, 7:41 am

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

I won't be sticking a turbo or anything on the car (possibly just an exhaust) but changing that won't be a problem as my friend is opening this - www.roarperformance.ae in Abu Dhabi in the near future.

I am after a standard turbo like a Scooby WRX, a Lancer EVO, Toyota Supra, Nissan200/240/Sylvia/Pulsar etc and to up the power witll just stick on an MBC (Manual Boost Contrioller) which only takes 2 mins to add/remove from the car. Or and N/A with power like an older M3/M5.

Bison
Well your friend will have his hands full, I can guarantee that. Besides the standard work on cars (maintenance & repairs) I have the strong impression most UAE garages lack the know how to actually do the work. (And I've asked for quotes myself at several places, even the official dealer!!!)
Old Aug 7th 2008, 7:49 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Bison

you should be alright then. just watch out for the age/new law thing dont discount the lumina ss as an option. might even get the odd skyline for that budget but that will be fubared
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:24 am
100% British Beef

you should be alright then. just watch out for the age/new law thing dont discount the lumina ss as an option. might even get the odd skyline for that budget but that will be fubared
I like the Lumina but didn't ever see a Manual version, would never get a Skyline out here, they weren't ever designed to be LHD and as they are all converted they have lots of problems with driveshafts going etc.

I just want to start drifting round Dubai Marina, some of the long sweeping bends on those roads are driftastic

Bison
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:33 pm
**** it we'll do it live

I like the Lumina but didn't ever see a Manual version, would never get a Skyline out here, they weren't ever designed to be LHD and as they are all converted they have lots of problems with driveshafts going etc.

I just want to start drifting round Dubai Marina, some of the long sweeping bends on those roads are driftastic

Bison
pah just go local then and get a nissan patrol

or my fav ever

Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:43 pm

Jeeez.... The guy on the bike demands respect
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

mikeleavingoz is an unknown quantity at this point

That 3rd video, is awesome, lol.. the usher song just makes the whole video ... i don't know ... Wrong??? paradox.

About cars. In AUS skylines are everywhere, they pretty good man... rb series engines go hard and forever. My good friend had a 97 series 1 r33, and it could take a flogging. I also like 180sx, not sure if it was named something else in UK maybe a 240sx ??
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

mikeleavingoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Bison
put skyline engine in something else, something smaller