VPN question

Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

rmcboyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VPN question

I've been in the UAE for 2 and a bit years and during that time I have been using a VPN. I won't mention the provider for obvious reasons.

Whilst I've not had any difficulty, the VPN always chokes my internet speed considerably. I have an 8 Mb e-life connection and this always drops to below 2 Mb and sometimes below 1Mb when the VPN is connected.

My question is, will this be the case no matter which VPN I use, or can someone recommend a VPN that will provide minimal speed loss?

Answer in PM please.

Many thanks indeed.

Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:17 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VPN question

It's been asked and discussed a few times before. In my experience it will drop when you connect and if you get 1MB+ then it's not so bad and you should be able to stream reasonably.

I asked VPN provider - they provide several connection locations - which was best or any way of identifying the quickest - the answer was no, no way to know...

Be careful of using VPN for torrents.... you may get banned from the VPN....