Vaping

Old Jan 4th 2017, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaping

Originally Posted by Scamp
Are the patches / inhalers good?

I have some of the tablet things to chew but have never braved them yet.
Chewing gum is proper rank. Would force you back to cigs!

I'm on day 4 of the patches and only have an urge for a cig in the morning before I put a new patch on. I don't sleep with them on as last time I tried to stop they gave me weird dreams.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 6:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I really need to quit properly. I don't think I am even addicted to nicotine as I can go days without smoking but it's the action of smoking especially when out and having a drink.

I bought a vape last summer but it just doesn't 'satisfy' in the same way as a cigarette.

Last time I managed to stay largely off the cigs (with a handful of lapses) for 18 months but it doesn't help that so many of my friends smoke.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Chewing gum is proper rank. Would force you back to cigs!

I'm on day 4 of the patches and only have an urge for a cig in the morning before I put a new patch on. I don't sleep with them on as last time I tried to stop they gave me weird dreams.
The gum is horrible, lozenges not too bad.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:14 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

well, the act of vaping is not illegal as such (might come under prohibited) but the sale is definitely a grey area. Having said that I wouldn't recommend you start vaping smack in the middle of the Economic Affairs lounge or at any Police Station etc
I quit about 5 months ago I think and havent touched a cig then. But I had already cut down to only 3-4 at night time only in the past 5 years anyway. Quitting is not an overnight thing in my humble opinion. You work towards it with determination and dont expect overnight results. Sort of like going to the Gym really (I wish I had the same determination about my gym routine though )
I can definitely tell you that after the first few months you start noticing your breathing patterns changing (I dont know how to explain it, you are more comfortable with long and deep and relaxed breathing I guess), you definitely get more REM sleep and within the first week of me quitting completely, my wife told me, you dont stink anymore. Which was very surprising as I didnt really think I did to begin with but ask your non-smoking partner and they would know where this is coming from.
Since the sale of vaping stuff is not regulated here so its difficult to get hold of people who only sell authentic stuff and yes the few websites doing it are very expensive. I did my research and I am happy with what I found here. PM for details please.

btw there are 2 types of coils. The old school cotton coils used in the old school mechanical mods (mod is the thingie u use for vaping) and the new school ceramic coils (much easier to replace) used in the new chip controlled mods. Always go for the chip mod as they will never blow up in your pocket or in your mouth (you might have seen the videos, those were all mechanical mods which these kids use to show off their cloud chasing skills, another word for too much smoke generation) The ceramic coils should last for 2-3 weeks if you are not deep dragging (vaping for more than 3-4 seconds in one go)
If you dont do it properly or go for cheap options or have not been guided properly, you risk of having a bad experience at vaping and that will throw you off the entire experience, human beings are like that I am told
so always go for the non-cheap option and always seek out guidance from vapers
another point I think I should mention is that dont try and reduce your MG level all of a sudden. Keep it at 12mg for a while as Nicotine itself is not carcinogen. The ammonia, Carbon Monoxide and Carbon are the deadly 3 in a burning cig that cause cancer. Nicotine might be addictive, but it wont kill you very quickly unless you are doing huge huge quantities in each sitting and even then you run the risk of brain or heart issues rather than cancer issues (yeah I know, die from this or die from that....die you will anyway eh?)
I mix a tobacco flavored 12mg with some other silly juicy 6mg/3mg to get the perfect blend and Im always trying new mixtures. There are thousands of liquids out there hence billions or possible combinations so keep more than a few with you and always be willing to mix different liquids because the essence of vaping is : Never get bored of it otherwise you will fall back onto the fag and thats a no no!

p.s. let the fag jokes commence!
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

drop a pm to Irish Bee Keeper - he's the man in the know for vape!
yep I second this motion
IRSH hooked up me up with the 'target mini' - and I absolutely love it. I am not a smoker, but I loved doing sheesha and the vapour is a great substitute and so definitely contact IRISH - he THEE man
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

ok just read IRISH's comment above :P
Old Jan 4th 2017, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The basic issue with vaping, however, is you look like a nugget sucking on something that resembles either (a) a betamax cassette with a straw coming out of it, or (b) a turd.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 12:48 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The basic issue with vaping, however, is you look like a nugget sucking on something that resembles either (a) a betamax cassette with a straw coming out of it, or (b) a turd.
Mine is a slim black thing with a blue light, a bit like a black Sobranie. The weight is all wrong though.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
The gum is horrible, lozenges not too bad.
bought the lozenges yesterday. They are marginally better than the gum. Certainly helps though.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 5:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Haven't smoked since Monday evening as had two days off ill. Back in the office today still not feeling great, wonder how long I can go without a burner...
Old Jan 5th 2017, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Haven't smoked since Monday evening as had two days off ill. Back in the office today still not feeling great, wonder how long I can go without a burner...
From what I've read, it's 3 days for the actual nicotine addiction to disappear. After that it's just breaking the habit. I'm steering clear of the boozer for a couple of weeks as I'm certain that will be my downfall.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 5:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

From what I've read, it's 3 days for the actual nicotine addiction to disappear. After that it's just breaking the habit. I'm steering clear of the boozer for a couple of weeks as I'm certain that will be my downfall.
Mrs has suggested pub after work, I said no but think I'll go anyway. That might be a breaker.
If not, we have a brunch tomorrow that I don't want to go to which means I'll use smoking as a way to escape the crowd.

I'm going to try and not smoke today until the pub.

This is the next step - not smoking at work at all.

Come on big man. Be the ball. You can do this. Focus. Eyes on the prize.
TIME FOR MORE COFFEE
Old Jan 5th 2017, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Do the smokers amongst you spark up anywhere indoors that it's allowed, or do you go outside to smoke? I work with locals who all smoke in their offices and in the communal areas...the western expats all go outside.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pongo
Do the smokers amongst you spark up anywhere indoors that it's allowed, or do you go outside to smoke? I work with locals who all smoke in their offices and in the communal areas...the western expats all go outside.
I only smoke where I'm allowed. So in a pub I will smoke if it's allowed. At work I go to the car park. At home I smoke on the balcony.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I only smoke where I'm allowed. So in a pub I will smoke if it's allowed. At work I go to the car park. At home I smoke on the balcony.
Ditto. Well kinda, I smoke in the conference room on site but so does my boss so..... when he's there I do, if not I don't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.