Urgent Advice needed!!

Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

garu1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Advice needed!!

Hi all,

A bizarre question i know, but after searching google no end I cannot find a definitive answer...

My partner is teaching in UAE and unbeknown to her I posted last week her "toys" wink wink. I put on the customs label that in fact I was sending a toothbrush!

She got a phonecall from the Post office / Customs today telling her in an abrupt way that she had to attend in relation to the package and now she is very worried and me too!

Im just wondering if anyone can advise why this might be and what the worst poss outcome could be, bearing in mind she did not know I had sent them to her??

I look forward to your advice....
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Advice needed!!

Originally Posted by garu1979
Hi all,

A bizarre question i know, but after searching google no end I cannot find a definitive answer...

My partner is teaching in UAE and unbeknown to her I posted last week her "toys" wink wink. I put on the customs label that in fact I was sending a toothbrush!

She got a phonecall from the Post office / Customs today telling her in an abrupt way that she had to attend in relation to the package and now she is very worried and me too!

Im just wondering if anyone can advise why this might be and what the worst poss outcome could be, bearing in mind she did not know I had sent them to her??

She will be required to demonstrate to the authorities that it actually is a toothbrush..........

Just tell her to switch it on and shove it in her mouth..........
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:26 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Are you sure the person giving the telephone message was abrupt - usually its a short business message to pick up your parcel.

I had a call from the post office to pick up a parcel (just musical instrument videos)...all it was is that you have to pick it up and sign for it in person. The package hadn't been opened by the way.

So you may be worrying about nothing...anyway its just toys for personal use. Worst case is they will confiscate and tell you off.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

wink wink....
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:04 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

My advice is tell her to forget about the package as Brits and their sexual activities are not exactly the flavour of the month in Dubai right now.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

most phonecalls are abrupt but....

when you go to collect the parcel they scan it there and then in front of you, what time is she going to collect it ?

and what school is she teaching in ? there's a few at my kids who could do with a smile on their face
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:26 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Urgent Advice needed!!

Why didn't you just write "Contents: Rubber toy" on it? Honestly, I'd say wash your hands of the affair and buy her something else that's less likely to be intercepted.

This thread suggests such items are often brought through customs: http://dubaiforums.com/ar/sex-toys-i...t-26-23641.htm

However if you where to import the parts, separatley...?

You didn't conceal it in a sausage did you? http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...789004,00.html
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

oh mate, she'll do doing time in no time at all, the poor lass...
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:40 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
wink wink....
I think you have put the wrong vowel in...
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:55 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Why didn't you just write "Contents: Rubber toy" on it? Honestly, I'd say wash your hands of the affair and buy her something else that's less likely to be intercepted.

This thread suggests such items are often brought through customs: http://dubaiforums.com/ar/sex-toys-i...t-26-23641.htm

However if you where to import the parts, separatley...?

You didn't conceal it in a sausage did you? http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...789004,00.html
I'd hate to think how or why you found that second link, there really are some weird people in this town...
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

can't see it being a problem, I have had friends who have brought them in in their suitcases and have got away with it, even when they have been searched. Just keep a straight face and lie about it's real purpose!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:53 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Urgent Advice needed!!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Just keep a straight face and lie about it's real purpose!
"That's right guv', self defence see...ever seen Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?"
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
"That's right guv', self defence see...ever seen Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?"
fantastic movie
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
can't see it being a problem, I have had friends who have brought them in in their suitcases and have got away with it, even when they have been searched. Just keep a straight face and lie about it's real purpose!
friend of mine had hers confiscated and the bloke said..

"no vagina machines in UAE"
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:24 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
friend of mine had hers confiscated and the bloke said..

"no vagina machines in UAE"
Did she protest or was it a monologue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.