Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

UK visa and serious criminal offence

UK visa and serious criminal offence

Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:56 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK visa and serious criminal offence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertain...s/10263828.stm

Singer Chris Brown denied a visa to sing some songs because he'd received a community service order for assaulting his ex-girlfriend. A bit harsh, but rules is rules.

On the other hand (and if I genuinely sound like the Daily Mail I'll do the honourable thing and commit harakiri), the Home Office said: "We reserve the right to refuse entry to the UK to anyone guilty of a serious criminal offence. Public safety is one of our primary concerns."

What, then, about all the immigrants let in from the EC--are checks done on their criminal records? I think not.

Sounds a bit lop-sided to me.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visa and serious criminal offence

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertain...s/10263828.stm

Singer Chris Brown denied a visa to sing some songs because he'd received a community service order for assaulting his ex-girlfriend. A bit harsh, but rules is rules.

On the other hand (and if I genuinely sound like the Daily Mail I'll do the honourable thing and commit harakiri), the Home Office said: "We reserve the right to refuse entry to the UK to anyone guilty of a serious criminal offence. Public safety is one of our primary concerns."

What, then, about all the immigrants let in from the EC--are checks done on their criminal records? I think not.

Sounds a bit lop-sided to me.
It's illegal to refuse admission to a citizen of another EU country......... one of the reasons I hate our EU membership............

........... so if Turkey are allowed to join (pop. 72,000,000, which would make it the second most populous EU country after Germany), watch out.

Last edited by The Dean; Jun 8th 2010 at 9:26 pm. Reason: 000
Old Jun 8th 2010, 10:21 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
It's illegal to refuse admission to a citizen of another EU country......... one of the reasons I hate our EU membership............

........... so if Turkey are allowed to join (pop. 72,000,000, which would make it the second most populous EU country after Germany), watch out.
What a ridiculous idea...we're better off out of the EU except for trade and helping each other out. At least until they sort out silly rules and stop allowing poor economies into the Eurozone.

A better EU for the UK would be us, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and France...perhaps Italy but bugger the rest until they sort their shit out...Turkey should never be allowed to join the EU. Turks are not European culturally or linguistically. I'd rather Israel and Armenia join before Turkey!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
What a ridiculous idea...we're better off out of the EU except for trade and helping each other out. At least until they sort out silly rules and stop allowing poor economies into the Eurozone.

A better EU for the UK would be us, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and France...perhaps Italy but bugger the rest until they sort their shit out...Turkey should never be allowed to join the EU. Turks are not European culturally or linguistically. I'd rather Israel and Armenia join before Turkey!
No EU could ever be a viable proposition. My German friends used to boast that they would 'dominate Europe politically' (having failed to do so by military means), but they're not laughing now.

The most important people in the whole disastrous European experiment - the people of Germany - have never been asked for their opinion, but they will soon start to make their feelings known, I suspect........... the Euro will fail, then the EU itself will start to crumble.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:58 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

You snob! What makes you think the UK is any better than those countries not on your list?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Dean
No EU could ever be a viable proposition. My German friends used to boast that they would 'dominate Europe politically' (having failed to do so by military means), but they're not laughing now.

The most important people in the whole disastrous European experiment - the people of Germany - have never been asked for their opinion, but they will soon start to make their feelings known, I suspect........... the Euro will fail, then the EU itself will start to crumble.
I now believe we either share the same star sign or something. There i go reading and want to respond and up comes the voice of openmindedness, worldwise and current....THE DEAN...

It remains Britain, UK, England whichever you choose on the day is a geographical space in denial of its true reality.

EU...We are in but not in..we'll keep the pound but we will determine how you spend the euro. Dont let immigrants in but the europeans flooding the place are not...

Thanks DEAN your tunnel through the channel is beaming much light on this issue.