Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

U K N I G H T S - Hip Hop, Drum & Bass & Old Skool @ Submarine Club, 31st July

U K N I G H T S - Hip Hop, Drum & Bass & Old Skool @ Submarine Club, 31st July

Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:45 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default U K N I G H T S - Hip Hop, Drum & Bass & Old Skool @ Submarine Club, 31st July

Feeling homesick? Here's the cure!

Get your self down to Club Submarine @ The Dhow Palace Hotel, Bur Dubai on Thursday 31st July for what promises to be a party to rave about and a great way to start your weekend with a bang. We aim to take you back to your roots on a musical tour of the UK.

With some of UK's finest artists lined up for a series of forthcoming events, DJ Bison, Scratchmaster Johnny Storm kick & MC's Tokiz & Olly Wood kick off the proceedings with a night of pure bangin' UK tunes.....

Not only will we be bringing you the best of UK Hip Hop, Old Skool, Funk and Drum & Bass, we are also running one of the craziest drinks promotions Dubai has ever seen.....EVER! AED50 will get you 5, yes 5 drinks on the night and the best dressed lady will win herself a bottle of bubbly courtesy of U K N I G H T S.

With near eye-damaging laser shows, fireman-frightening smoke machines and snow machines to cool you off in the desert heat you can bet it will be a night to remember.

On the night there will be Glow Sticks, Whistles, Horns, Union Jacks and free lollipops galore, guaranteed to please even the hungriest of clubbers.

Entrance is free for everyone before 11pm and only AED60 after.

For free guest list and reservations call 050 2912345

Supported by:
Chemical Records (Uk) - www.chemicalrecords.co.uk
DesertJungle
Pioneer Pro DJ - www.pioneerprodj.com
Act Events - www.act.ae

So don your white gloves and get ready to go all 'big fish, little fish, cardboard box'!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U K N I G H T S - Hip Hop, Drum & Bass & Old Skool @ Submarine Club, 31st July

But I thought that Club Submarine was a shit-hole?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:12 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U K N I G H T S - Hip Hop, Drum & Bass & Old Skool @ Submarine Club, 31st July

Originally Posted by lionheart
But I thought that Club Submarine was a shit-hole?
Thats why they have a bunch of guys you havent heard of playing there.. If it had been someone half famous, it would have been a classier joint....
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Thats why they have a bunch of guys you havent heard of playing there.. If it had been someone half famous, it would have been a classier joint....
I thought I hadn't heard of them cause I am not British...
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:21 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I've been a few times and it's ok, the soundsytem is nice, it's clean and spacious, If your comparing it to the Emirates Palace then it may be a shit hole but it's an ideal basement club venue for this type of party.

There are lots of DJ's people have and haven't heard of, I for one have been DJ'ing at parties in the UK Rave scene since 1997 and am reasonably well known on the circuit. I also recently got to the finals of the Pioneer Pro DJ comp. Johnny Storm is a wizard and a true scratchmaster.

We all have to start somewhere and this is the right place, we have a number of bigger name artists that we want to bring over in the near future and the venue could change as some of the acts are bigger, the like of UK Apache, Altern 8, Pendulum, Chase & Status & DJ EZ to name a few.

Flyer wil be posted upm soon!

Bison

Last edited by Bison; Jul 24th 2008 at 7:26 am.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
I've been a few times and it's ok, the soundsytem is nice, it's clean and spacious, If your comparing it to the Emirates Palace then it may be a shit hole but it's an ideal basement club venue for this type of party.

There are lots of DJ's people have and haven't heard of, I for one have been DJ'ing at parties in the UK Rave scene since 1997 and am reasonably well known on the circuit. I also recently got to the finals of the Pioneer Pro DJ comp. Johnny Storm is a wizard and a true scratchmaster.

We all have to start somewhere and this is the right place, we have a number of bigger name artists that we want to bring over in the near future and the venue could change as some of the acts are bigger, the like of UK Apache, Altern 8, Pendulum, Chase & Status & DJ EZ to name a few.

Bison
good luck mate, I hope it goes well, not so sure this is the right country for it to be honest, I was there back in the day, raves, forest parties, warehouse parties, some amazing nights indeed - I hope it goes well for you.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:42 am
100% British Beef

good luck mate, I hope it goes well, not so sure this is the right country for it to be honest, I was there back in the day, raves, forest parties, warehouse parties, some amazing nights indeed - I hope it goes well for you.
Thanks for the positive comments and support, you could be right about the Country, but there is a following here and Doc Scott recently played at Alpha and there was a good crowd so I think it could work. I guess with everything there is only one way to find out!!

Will you be joining us, re-live your raving days?

Bison
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:52 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Bison

God, you are making me feel old....

The last party I played at was in Loughborough Rd, Brixton, back in 1991!!!!!

Like the sound of Altern8 and UK Apache heading out...

By the way, couldnt help but notice you have said you were pissed off over here and plan on either heading home or for N America...

So find it hard to believe you think this is the right place, when you obviously dont feel it is....

Last edited by TGFKASE; Jul 24th 2008 at 7:54 am.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the positive comments and support, you could be right about the Country, but there is a following here and Doc Scott recently played at Alpha and there was a good crowd so I think it could work. I guess with everything there is only one way to find out!!

Will you be joining us, re-live your raving days?

Bison
not unless I can find some disco biscuits behind the sofa mate no, but I hope it goes well.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:56 am
100% British Beef

By the way, couldnt help but notice you have said you were pissed off over here and plan on either heading home or for N America...
Yeah I did say that, but things have changed for the better and I am feeling a lot more settled now, I've been here six months and have had my ups and downs but i'm content at the moment and have some exciting projects like this to keep me happy and busy!

Bison
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Yeah I did say that, but things have changed for the better and I am feeling a lot more settled now, I've been here six months and have had my ups and downs but i'm content at the moment and have some exciting projects like this to keep me happy and busy!

Bison
just looked at your myspace site, man that flyer....that really is old skool rave days.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

okay you have the lights and the glowsticks..

but what I want to know is if you have the big signs that muppets hold in the air..

you know, the ones that say CHOON!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:06 am
100% British Beef

okay you have the lights and the glowsticks..

but what I want to know is if you have the big signs that muppets hold in the air..

you know, the ones that say CHOON!
If you want to bring one along then fine........each to their own!

Bison
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:41 pm
100% British Beef

Here is the flyer.....

Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:23 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling homesick? Here's the cure!

Get your self down to Club Submarine @ The Dhow Palace Hotel, Bur Dubai on Thursday 31st July for what promises to be a party to rave about and a great way to start your weekend with a bang. We aim to take you back to your roots on a musical tour of the UK.

With some of UK's finest artists lined up for a series of forthcoming events, DJ Bison, Scratchmaster Johnny Storm kick & MC's Tokiz & Olly Wood kick off the proceedings with a night of pure bangin' UK tunes.....

Not only will we be bringing you the best of UK Hip Hop, Old Skool, Funk and Drum & Bass, we are also running one of the craziest drinks promotions Dubai has ever seen.....EVER! AED50 will get you 5, yes 5 drinks on the night and the best dressed lady will win herself a bottle of bubbly courtesy of U K N I G H T S.

With near eye-damaging laser shows, fireman-frightening smoke machines and snow machines to cool you off in the desert heat you can bet it will be a night to remember.

On the night there will be Glow Sticks, Whistles, Horns, Union Jacks and free lollipops galore, guaranteed to please even the hungriest of clubbers.

Entrance is free for everyone before 11pm and only AED60 after.

For free guest list and reservations call 050 2912345

Supported by:
Chemical Records (Uk) - www.chemicalrecords.co.uk
DesertJungle
Pioneer Pro DJ - www.pioneerprodj.com
Act Events - www.act.ae

So don your white gloves and get ready to go all 'big fish, little fish, cardboard box'!
When you said feeling homesick I was getting hopefully you were going to say you were holding an Ale festival....alas my hopes were dashed by talk of "artists" like DJ whatshisname

Am sure it will be a good night for those who like this sort of thing though

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.