Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Toying with the idea of becoming a LL

Toying with the idea of becoming a LL

Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toying with the idea of becoming a LL

am just wondering, with interest rates so low (and the fact that i can now get a loan @ a special rate of 2.5% (or linked to the base rate with no margin), and no bank fees etc) should I buy-to-let?

If I can get the rent to pay off the monthly EMI - I should be ok...

So what do you think??

I think I'll make a nice LL - will take monthly payments, no increase in rent, long term contract so that the tenant also has some stability....

PS: Am not April Fooling...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toying with the idea of becoming a LL

Sounds like a plan.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
am just wondering, with interest rates so low (and the fact that i can now get a loan @ a special rate of 2.5% (or linked to the base rate with no margin), and no bank fees etc) should I buy-to-let?

So what do you think??

I think I'll make a nice LL - will take monthly payments, no increase in rent, long term contract so that the tenant also has some stability....

go for it IG...

MM, xx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

.....4 Gulf News supplements - 100 pages advertising properties for sale/rent.....

Haven't told my hubbie about "the plan" yet.......lol
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

.....4 Gulf News supplements - 100 pages advertising properties for sale/rent.....

Haven't told my hubbie about "the plan" yet.......lol
Be careful about your tenants though coz I read somewhere today that the LL can be prosecuted if illegals are found on their premises.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

don't forget you will have to become mean, heartless and nasty.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
don't forget you will have to become mean, heartless and nasty.
lol......I don't think I could even if I attempted to...

I won't have illegal tenants - will ask for PP and residence visa..

Have to figure out where yields are the highest. I am thinking either Ranches or Meadows as both these developments have low maintenance outgoings.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

OK - You can borrow money competitively at present. But...what about the actual buying price?

Are prices at a peak in Dubai, waiting for a correction as various developments become completed, or is there still the potential for growth?

One sector markedly absent in Dubai is fully furnished renting that the more mid-term transient expats, such as myself, look for. This was readily available in Qatar and Bahrain - everything included with the rent: utilities, satellite TV etc.

I would only get involved in a location I knew very well - I guess I would need 5 years somewhere to really get a feel for the ins and outs of the market. Hence I stay with my area of the UK. Being both a tenant and a landlord I get to see both sides of the coin.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

lol......I don't think I could even if I attempted to...

I won't have illegal tenants - will ask for PP and residence visa..

Have to figure out where yields are the highest. I am thinking either Ranches or Meadows as both these developments have low maintenance outgoings.
Im up in the ranches.the guy next door is selling his house at the moment.It works out to about half a mill in our money.thats for a 3 bed with pool.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Im up in the ranches.the guy next door is selling his house at the moment.It works out to about half a mill in our money.thats for a 3 bed with pool.
and 4/5 beds are 6-8m dhs in ranches and meadows...

MM, xx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:34 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
and 4/5 beds are 6-8m dhs in ranches and meadows...

MM, xx
Bloody hell we had the offer of a 5 bed in meadows when we arrived 5 years ago for 1.5m
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Bloody hell we had the offer of a 5 bed in meadows when we arrived 5 years ago for 1.5m
i know, it's mad isn't it...!

MM, xx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

So what do you think??

So...Are you still toying with the idea???
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius
So...Are you still toying with the idea???
she looked like she was in a toying mood when i saw her at lunchtime...

MM, xx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
she looked like she was in a toying mood when i saw her at lunchtime...

MM, xx
Oh really now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.