Tour de France

Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tour de France

Originally Posted by Haan
Commander-Although team RadioShack's leader has not enjoyed his usual painless build-up to the Tour with cancer, a nasty divorce, a split from the girlfriend that caused the divorce, crashes, and false doping allegations, I feel his crusade for an historic eighth Tour title is not only possible, but likely.. With podium finishes in the Tour of Luxembourg and the Tour of Switzerland, Lance is beginning to show glimpses of the form that saw him win seven-consecutive Tours from 1999 to 2005. He'll have the strongest team in the race, he's got a new better looking girlfriend and the sport's most accomplished director supporting him. Everything appears to be in place, will Lance have the luck to match his unwavering determination and self-confidence? I think the answer is yes.

Book it!
Haan,

only a fool would bet against mellow johnny, and i AM a massive Armstrong fan and would love nothing more to see him claim the 8th along with being the oldest ever to win. Does he have the desire and hunger to win?...you bet..

does he have the legs for 3 weeks...that is the question..he is looking good but these podium finishes in Switzerland and Lux are commendable, they do not come close to the intensity of the TdF.

I just cant see him beating Contador in the GC. But hey, lets see...

Dont get your comments about the cancer though, he won all 7 post cancer and lives as a survivor every day, nothing has changed in that regard.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:17 am
Banned

Haan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander
now i know you dont know what your talking about..

Frank or Andy?
Duh....Perhaps the race's best pure climber, Andy of course
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:24 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Duh....Perhaps the race's best pure climber, Andy of course
no chance...Contador will blow him away..

its all about opinions, lets sit back and watch it unfold.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:25 am
Banned

Haan,

only a fool would bet against mellow johnny, and i AM a massive Armstrong fan and would love nothing more to see him claim the 8th along with being the oldest ever to win. Does he have the desire and hunger to win?...you bet..

does he have the legs for 3 weeks...that is the question..he is looking good but these podium finishes in Switzerland and Lux are commendable, they do not come close to the intensity of the TdF.
Do you remember Ali Foreman? They said he was done, they said his legs were gone, they said he was too old, they said foreman would literally kill him-Don't ever question the heart of a champion. He'll find a way

Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:27 am
banned

Do you remember Ali Foreman? They said he was done, they said his legs were gone, they said he was too old, they said foreman would literally kill him-Don't ever question the heart of a champion. He'll find a way
http://youtube.com/watch?v=k99vwx450dw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N44vdCqI7LI
fair point, but i will bet both my testicles that he doesnt win..

My predictions:

1. Contador
2. Schleck A
3. Armstrong
4. Wiggins
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:40 am
Banned

fair point, but i will bet both my testicles that he doesnt win..

My predictions:

1. Contador
2. Schleck A
3. Armstrong
4. Wiggins
Thats a bet, balls out. How big are they btw?

1) Armstrong
2) Schleck
3) Van Den Broeck
4) Contador
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:46 am
Banned

Btw- I myself was born with the heart of champion..Remember when I told you I beat a college cyclist on his Motobecane, on a track, on my little sisters one gear Schwin bike? I swear to god thats a true story. My legs almost fell off, the bike almost broke, but I was not going to lose the race
Old Jul 4th 2010, 6:27 am
banned

Btw- I myself was born with the heart of champion..Remember when I told you I beat a college cyclist on his Motobecane, on a track, on my little sisters one gear Schwin bike? I swear to god thats a true story. My legs almost fell off, the bike almost broke, but I was not going to lose the race
oh god its you
Old Jul 4th 2010, 7:26 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

oh god its you
took you a while to realise!
Old Jul 4th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
Hi there

Does anybody know if we can get coverage of tour de france with english commentary?
Here in the US it's on Versus and they're touting a package on the website - versus.com -with online coverage of every stage. Costs $30 USD. Should be able to pick that up if you're interested.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

no chance...Contador will blow him away..

its all about opinions, lets sit back and watch it unfold.
Agree. The way the stages are set up they favour him, also Contador blew him away last year on the mountains.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Ah it's that time of year again............ Le Tour de Substance.

It's not sport, its the "Best Banned Substances With The Lowest Detection Rate" competition. This year they can't even agree on who should be doing the anti-doping, and how:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10484158.stm

Britain of course has some legendary previous, particularly Tommy Simpson who died in the mountains in 1967.............. and whose post mortem revealed the contents of a medium-sized pharmacy inside him. Typical of the time, in most people's eyes, the revelations just showed what a hero he was, and how determined he was to show he could win.

Quite.

Still, I'll be watching avidly - the countryside is quite pretty in places.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:41 am
banned

Originally Posted by The Dean
Ah it's that time of year again............ Le Tour de Substance.

It's not sport, its the "Best Banned Substances With The Lowest Detection Rate" competition. This year they can't even agree on who should be doing the anti-doping, and how:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10484158.stm

Britain of course has some legendary previous, particularly Tommy Simpson who died in the mountains in 1967.............. and whose post mortem revealed the contents of a medium-sized pharmacy inside him. Typical of the time, in most people's eyes, the revelations just showed what a hero he was, and how determined he was to show he could win.

Quite.

Still, I'll be watching avidly - the countryside is quite pretty in places.
blah blah blah.

Cycling (hopefully) has moved away from this. All the press seem to harp on about is the festina affair, Puerto, Armstrong in 1999 and any other previous scandals.

I have no doubt there will be a rider banned again this year for EPO or CERA but the sport is clearing up with riders like Wiggins, Schlecks paving the way.

The tide has turned. However, i too will be watching in the mountain stages for an 'out of this world' performance ala Ricco in 08..
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:59 pm
Banned

I had shoulder surgery last october, it was a completely torn rotator cuff and a torn bicep tendon. It's funny, I walked around with it for about 8 months before doing anything about it and I was doing almost everything I normally do-It hurt but I played golf (and won money) with it almost everyday, I lifted things, I fetched stuff on high shelves for my wife (shes a runt), played basketball, had sex, and even hit the heavy bag daily, but I could'nt throw a baseball or a football. Long story short, when I came out of surgery the little asian doctor says "very bad, career ending injury", I said "what career"? he says "if you an athlete, career ending". I didn't listen because the doctor didn't know who he was talking to. I heal fast, anyway I play golf with a lot of professional football players and one hooked me up with some HGH- Man thats good stuff, I mean I am young again. I eat like a horse and don't gain weight, I can run up mountains, I chase down calves (used to use a horse and a rope), and If I just look at weights I put on muscle. And they can't test for it..It's naturally occurring in the body. On my last doctor visit the little oriental doctor said i'm 100%, and I said "i'm not normally the type to say I told you so, but "I told you so"

I'm sure all the riders are at least on that
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:51 pm
Banned

Well................It looks like Lance is winning in the American Standingsā„¢ right now. I don't normally like to say I told you so, but goshdarnit Commander...I told you so!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.