Time travel game

Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time travel game

Let's pretend you've been walking through the desert and you stumble over something poking out of the sand. It turns out to be a lamp. You can't resist so you rub it, and to your surprise a genie emerges from the body.

But it's a special kind of genie. You don't get three wishes. Rather, you get three all inclusive two-week holidays to any destination, but it has to be in the past. It can be the last fortnight, or it can be a thousand years ago. Just name the place and year.

To get started, I'll go with:

1. Ancient Rome circa AD 100. Two weeks exploring the world's greatest capital city and absorbing the minutiae of daily Roman life.

2. London circa 1890. The height of empire but before the large scale late Victorian/Edwardian rebuilding of much of earlier London and infrastructure works, so there's still semblances of the old Georgian and even Tudor city around.

3. Either Rome again, but circa AD800ish. I'd want to walk amidst the ruins of a once great city and see a population of 10,000 people living in the shadows of great temples and palaces. It'd be freaking post-apocalyptic. Or Somewhere in America, maybe Philadelphia, in 1776.

What are your three choices?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time travel game

Does the all-inclusive bit in ancient Rome include the orgies?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Does the all-inclusive bit in ancient Rome include the orgies?
A visit to the whorehouses can be arranged, I'm sure. Male or female? Or both?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:12 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

But what clothes labels can we wear?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
But what clothes labels can we wear?
You will be provided with suitable clothing appropriate for the historical context. You do have a choice of occupation/class as they all come with their particular set of challenges.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:42 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go back to today at 12.08 UAE time and try crash the BE servers.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

1. Woodstock back in the 60's..... just for the banter.

2. A few days before the Titanic trip so I could prophesise doom.

3. The start of the 2016-16 football season so I could have bet the house on Leicister winning the EPL at 5000/1.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Wild West America
Ancient Rome
London in the 1960s
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

5th October 2017 - to Spain to buy a winning EuroMillions ticket in the sunshine.

23rd October 2014 - to Portugal to buy the winning EuroMillions ticket in the sunshine.

9th August 2012 - to the UK to buy the winning EuroMillions ticket in the rain.

I'd be half a billion Euro's better off and wouldn't have to go to a mixed orgy in Rome.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok, I'm changing the rules now.

You cannot bring anything back with you (lottery tickets, Vermeers, diamonds). Whatever you do in the past, your impact will be negligible and have no bearing on the future, so there's no going back to kill a particular person, no matter how awful he/she was.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Ok, I'm changing the rules now.

You cannot bring anything back with you (lottery tickets, Vermeers, diamonds). Whatever you do in the past, your impact will be negligible and have no bearing on the future, so there's no going back to kill a particular person, no matter how awful he/she was.
Buzz kill.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 11:47 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

1. !970 to watch Chelsea win their first ever FA Cup again. I was at the reply but cant remember much as I was so young.
2. 1986/8/90 for the feeling of seeing my kids arrive in the world again.
3. 1603. Ive been watching gunpowder on BBC and it just looks a pretty cool time in history (depends who's side you're on).
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:03 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

New York in the 1940s/50s.
Berlin in 1989 when the wall came down.
Dubai in 1982 just to see what it was like.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I'd go back to today at 12.08 UAE time and try crash the BE servers.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:56 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Late '60s San Francisco would be good. All that music and the whole free love thing sounds great to me.

Victorian England, but only if I could be one of the upper crust.

August 1st 2016.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.