Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Thursday Morning Thread

Thursday Morning Thread

Old Feb 1st 2018, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thursday Morning Thread

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
And about as long-standing and authentic as most of the "traditions" to which you so doggedly cleave... ("traditional marriage", kilts and tartan, most bits of royal pompery and circumstance etc.).

Just because this was becoming nauseatingly cuddly....
Ouch. Was that a new handbag you just hit him with or an old one?
Old Feb 1st 2018, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've trained fasted (well, at 1800ish having gone about 5 hours without food).

We'll see. Maybe something in the morning, maybe not. I'm turning up to plod round, get a medal and prove a minuscule point to myself. Tomorrow afternoon will be beers, cigs and working out how hard a 10k would be.
If you can do 5 you can do 10. The step up is only a mental challenge not a physical one.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 9:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
If you can do 5 you can do 10. The step up is only a mental challenge not a physical one.
We'll see. I'm hardly built for running and would rather keep the workouts shorter and get faster / better than start going for distance.

Anyway.

I'm gasping for a beer and a burner but really don't need to do that before the morning.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see. I'm hardly built for running and would rather keep the workouts shorter and get faster / better than start going for distance.

Anyway.

I'm gasping for a beer and a burner but really don't need to do that before the morning.
You'll be fine mate , i bet you want to do another one after you finish . It's a flat course so pretty easy on the legs , stick to a pace you're comfortable with and then give it a shot a couple of marker clicks from the finish .

I guarantee you'll run a PB tomorrow fella
Old Feb 1st 2018, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I guarantee you'll run a PB tomorrow fella
Me too
Old Feb 1st 2018, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

And about as long-standing and authentic as most of the "traditions" to which you so doggedly cleave... ("traditional marriage", kilts and tartan, most bits of royal pompery and circumstance etc.).

Just because this was becoming nauseatingly cuddly....
I don't approve of gay marriage because it takes all the fun out of a relationship.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 11:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I don't approve of gay marriage because it takes all the fun out of a relationship.
How do you stop a dog from humping your leg?

Answer
Pick it up and suck it off
Old Feb 1st 2018, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

How do you stop a dog from humping your leg?

Answer
Pick it up and suck it off
You've tried it yourself? Can't say I have. Brave of you to admit it....
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 5:42 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Ouch. Was that a new handbag you just hit him with or an old one?
The one you lent me.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The one you lent me.
I have good taste.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Scamp nailed it , not great for me at 48.50 . Achilles , hip , glute and generally being too blasé and lazy.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 5:22 am
Account Closed

Hope Scamp nailed it , not great for me at 48.50 . Achilles , hip , glute and generally being too blasé and lazy.
Nice work.

I did it in 35mins and some change. Pretty pleased. Plodded it out to half way, marched a bit and then struggled near the end.

There's a lady out there in Dubai who has no idea but she was my pacesetter and I just stayed right behind her for 2km until the end when I zipped past to beat her because I'm mean like that.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice work.

I did it in 35mins and some change. Pretty pleased. Plodded it out to half way, marched a bit and then struggled near the end.

There's a lady out there in Dubai who has no idea but she was my pacesetter and I just stayed right behind her for 2km until the end when I zipped past to beat her because I'm mean like that.
Well done mate , you've laid down the marker now for yourself .
Old Feb 4th 2018, 6:27 am
Account Closed

Well done mate , you've laid down the marker now for yourself .
She's signed me up for the March one at the Autodrome.