Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Thursday afternoon thread

Thursday afternoon thread

Old Jan 14th 2018, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thursday afternoon thread

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm doing the same but that's just because of a boozey weekend....
2 packs.... or 3?
Old Jan 14th 2018, 7:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
2 packs.... or 3?
Definitely 3 or more. The worst possible scenarios for me and smoking a lot are outdoor drinking and slow rounds of golf. Brunch was outdoors followed by the Irish Village, so a 10hour session. Golf yesterday was deathly slow thanks to **** loads of Spanish tourists and big fat old men hitting slices all day.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 7:40 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

It was very strange going in the Red Lion last night and smelling cigarette smoke. I coughed and spluttered more over paying nearly 10 quid for a pint, mind.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
It was very strange going in the Red Lion last night and smelling cigarette smoke. I coughed and spluttered more over paying nearly 10 quid for a pint, mind.
Ha ha. They do 2 for 1 most nights on selected beverages.

Will be in there for the United game tonight.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 7:59 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha. They do 2 for 1 most nights on selected beverages.

Will be in there for the United game tonight.
Aye, I missed the happy hour as I didn't get to the hotel until 9.30pm or so. I might pop in to boo United.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Aye, I missed the happy hour as I didn't get to the hotel until 9.30pm or so. I might pop in to boo United.
Will you still be awake at that time? It's a midnight KO.....
Old Jan 14th 2018, 8:07 am
Excess Baggage

Will you still be awake at that time? It's a midnight KO.....
Yeah, and it's tomorrow night. I think I'll give it a miss...or just go in to boo City tonight.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, and it's tomorrow night. I think I'll give it a miss...or just go in to boo City tonight.
Buggering hell it is too. Ahh well, at least I didn't turn up on the wrong day....... again!

You can boo city as much as you like!
Old Jan 14th 2018, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Definitely 3 or more. The worst possible scenarios for me and smoking a lot are outdoor drinking and slow rounds of golf. Brunch was outdoors followed by the Irish Village, so a 10hour session. Golf yesterday was deathly slow thanks to **** loads of Spanish tourists and big fat old men hitting slices all day.
Ouch! You really did let yourself off the leash!
Old Jan 14th 2018, 9:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ouch! You really did let yourself off the leash!
Just did what I'd normally do. No restrictions at the weekend, for now.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Just did what I'd normally do. No restrictions at the weekend, for now.
Offft, fair do's, you're doing well going smoke free in work if that's your weekend intake.

When I was smoking I used to average about half a pack a day during the week and if it was a brunch weekend 3 packs was not an abnormality.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Offft, fair do's, you're doing well going smoke free in work if that's your weekend intake.

When I was smoking I used to average about half a pack a day during the week and if it was a brunch weekend 3 packs was not an abnormality.
Week I got down to 4-6 on average.
Drinking time is the worst. Got a big drinking day Friday this weekend in AD so won't hold back. Thursday night needs to be calm as up early so might try and not smoke then.
Hangover days go one of two ways - lots or none.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Week I got down to 4-6 on average.
Drinking time is the worst. Got a big drinking day Friday this weekend in AD so won't hold back. Thursday night needs to be calm as up early so might try and not smoke then.
Hangover days go one of two ways - lots or none.
I cut down quite well by only taking enough with me. One for the drive in, one at lunch and one on the drive home. Worked quite well.

Rarely smoked on a hangover, mainly as I'd over indulged the day before.

On a plus side, hangovers aren't as bad when you do finally quit.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 10:47 am
Account Closed

I cut down quite well by only taking enough with me. One for the drive in, one at lunch and one on the drive home. Worked quite well.

Rarely smoked on a hangover, mainly as I'd over indulged the day before.

On a plus side, hangovers aren't as bad when you do finally quit.
I'm just constantly thinking about it at the moment. It's more annoying than anything else. I'm not going to smoke until the weekend, so just have to make that normal, which takes time. Like making not smoking at work normal. We'll get there.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just constantly thinking about it at the moment. It's more annoying than anything else. I'm not going to smoke until the weekend, so just have to make that normal, which takes time. Like making not smoking at work normal. We'll get there.
You gotta just stop Scamp. This dipping in and out of it does nothing to stop the addiction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.