Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Thursday afternoon thread

Thursday afternoon thread

Old Jan 11th 2018, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thursday afternoon thread

Ok, not quite afternoon yet but you get the point. How many of you are killing time at the office till the weekend begins? I have a new project starting next week but very little to do today so I'm practically twiddling thumbs and surfing the internet and looking at shoe websites. Anyone have experience with Undandy.com?

Your plans for this weekend? Massage after work, happy hour afterwards, and tomorrow a date at a Thai restaurant. This Saturday, probably take advantage of the chilly (comparatively) evenings to hunker down and watch a film and eat takeway. A rare treat out here!
Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Thursday afternoon thread

Good morning,

I'm swamped today and generally at the moment with work, although this morning involved a quarterly meeting for the charity work which is always nice.

Smash out some work this arvo, then straight to the pub I think.
Not sure whether to smoke or not, have gone all working week without and that was my plan - just smoke at weekends - but I went to the pub with the lady last night for dinner and didn't smoke. Quite proud. BUt also want a smoke and a beer.

Run/walk tomorrow morning, brunch for a 30th in the afternoon, golf Saturday morning and new trainer shopping saturday afternoon.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Got the HSBC Entertainer app again so off to Shanghai Chic tomorrow.
We've been a few times for the tasting night and it's always been good. Not a bad price either, 325 dibs (plus VAT this time though ).

Saturday will be a lazy day. Will probably make dinner in the slow cooker while footy's on.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Smash out some work this arvo, then straight to the pub I think.
Not sure whether to smoke or not, have gone all working week without and that was my plan - just smoke at weekends - but I went to the pub with the lady last night for dinner and didn't smoke. Quite proud. BUt also want a smoke and a beer.
I'd say hold on the fags until the brunch then.... push that boundary...
Old Jan 11th 2018, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

kostik3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
Got the HSBC Entertainer app again so off to Shanghai Chic tomorrow.
We've been a few times for the tasting night and it's always been good. Not a bad price either, 325 dibs (plus VAT this time though ).

Saturday will be a lazy day. Will probably make dinner in the slow cooker while footy's on.
You can eat for a week for that money in China Town in International city
Old Jan 11th 2018, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

i'm actually off to watch 'Cirque De Soleil - Toruk' tonight.....looking forward to it.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 10:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I'd say hold on the fags until the brunch then.... push that boundary...
Could do. But it's not what I agreed with myself prior to stopping for the week.

I'm going to maybe smoke tonight and that's cool. Tomorrow I will too. Maybe Saturday.

Next week, none at work again.

Then we'll see how it goes and whether I say no more on Thursday nights etc.

Baby steps, Mr Jam, baby steps.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Could do. But it's not what I agreed with myself prior to stopping for the week.

I'm going to maybe smoke tonight and that's cool. Tomorrow I will too. Maybe Saturday.

Next week, none at work again.

Then we'll see how it goes and whether I say no more on Thursday nights etc.

Baby steps, Mr Jam, baby steps.
Fair enough and it all depends on how you feel (are you gasping?) but it's kinda like squeezing out the extra set in the gym, or that extra km on a run.... you've done incredibly well to go 5 days without and so whats one more evening in the grand scheme of things..... especially as you are likely to batter them while on your brunch tomorrow. Also, we all know a trip to the pub is the hardest thing you can do while quitting, especially here where you don't have to go outside so this would be a worthy test as I'm guessing last night you didn't have the Thursday night thirst on.

Either that or just take a few in a box and ration them.

I'm impressed though. I don't think I would have been as controlled as you without vaping. I just quit fags all at once but I was still getting the nicotine from vaping, and although I don't use it that heavily I do panic a bit when the battery has died or I run out of juice when out. Even to the point that I have gone home early so as not to be tempted to have a cig. One thing a lot of folk don't appreciate about going from smoking to vaping is that yes nicotine is the most addictive substance and you're still getting it but you are also addicted to several of the other 4 thousand chemicals cigs have in them.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

I know, I know.

I'm not ready to stop yet, I still enjoy it. I'm sort of gagging but sort of not. I'm pleased I've done the week as I wanted to.
I'm thinking a few weeks of this, then cut down the next thing.
This started months ago when I stopped smoking at work.

Next step will be Thursdays or Saturdays or at golf or something.

Then all of it will go.

Old Jan 12th 2018, 3:27 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Plans...fly to Dubai tomorrow. Land about 7.45pm. Get to bed ASAP. Getting picked up to work at 7.45am on Sunday. My body will still think it's 3.45am. It's going to be a challenging day!
Old Jan 13th 2018, 2:08 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Plans...fly to Dubai tomorrow. Land about 7.45pm. Get to bed ASAP. Getting picked up to work at 7.45am on Sunday. My body will still think it's 3.45am. It's going to be a challenging day!
Good luck with the new role, hope it goes well for you
Old Jan 13th 2018, 5:06 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I made it. No drama at the airport. Sat with a well earned beer in the hotel bar. Can't believe I'm back here!
Old Jan 14th 2018, 4:12 am
Account Closed

Well I made it. No drama at the airport. Sat with a well earned beer in the hotel bar. Can't believe I'm back here!
Did you make it to work?

Good luck mate.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 5:18 am
Excess Baggage

Cheers, yes I got picked up OK. Didn't feel too bad at first. Keeping the caffeine level up.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Cheers, yes I got picked up OK. Didn't feel too bad at first. Keeping the caffeine level up.
I'm doing the same but that's just because of a boozey weekend....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.