Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

For those of you with Children in school

For those of you with Children in school

Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those of you with Children in school

you may find this very interesting - they can't take more than 500 dhs from us to secure a place at school!

http://www.khda.gov.ae/En/News/KHDANews.aspx?ID=14863
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

girlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to all
Default Re: For those of you with Children in school

Presumably that only applies to Dubai which is a pity cos Al Yasmina in AD wants 2000dhs to reserve a space for next year.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by girlabouttown
Presumably that only applies to Dubai which is a pity cos Al Yasmina in AD wants 2000dhs to reserve a space for next year.
yes it is just here, some schools here are wanting 5000!!! for September, along of people probably don't even know if they will be here then.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes it is just here, some schools here are wanting 5000!!! for September, along of people probably don't even know if they will be here then.
Yep 1500 is better than the 15000 our school has asked for by next month! That's 3 x 5000 to hold places for next year. Bucklies I say.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kim67
Yep 1500 is better than the 15000 our school has asked for by next month! That's 3 x 5000 to hold places for next year. Bucklies I say.
print this off and take it to the school
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

print this off and take it to the school
Already emailed to the school yesterday by one of our mum's. I also phoned the Ministry just over a week ago and had them phone our school to tell them. We're now awaiting a written response from the school.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:10 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
omg...what is that all about
we just have to fill in a letter saying staying, going or undecided...no way I am going to pay anything...they should be happy that we are staying with the amount of people presumably leaving...
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
we just have to fill in a letter saying staying, going or undecided...no way I am going to pay anything...they should be happy that we are staying with the amount of people presumably leaving...
Their bullying tactics are probably going to cause a lot of people to leave rather than pay. There are loads of places becoming available - a school I spoke to yesterday said they usually lose about 20% of their students over summer, but this summer they expect to lose at least 40%. Imagine if that's the case with a lot of schools (which I'm assuming will be the case) we'll have a heap of choices come September.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:42 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
Same here but I expect they will want some form of deposit by the end of June, which is perfectly understandable. The good news is that it will only be Dhs.500 per child.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

What do DESS charge for a 5-6yr old as I am getting a little concerned about the extent of Islamic culture my little one is being exposed to? She is required to cover her face with a veil for the upcoming school concert. Only role playing but still rather disconcerting for a child so young.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
What do DESS charge for a 5-6yr old as I am getting a little concerned about the extent of Islamic culture my little one is being exposed to? She is required to cover her face with a veil for the upcoming school concert. Only role playing but still rather disconcerting for a child so young.
what!! get her out of there!!! that aint right! DESS is approx 30k per annum, their fees are on their website.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by fionalix
<<Snip>>
is it? the school new they weren't allowed to do it but still went ahead and tried their hand. I spoke to the owner personally and she withdrew the original letter and reduced the reservation fee back down to 500 dhs. It is a good school but being greedy at a time when most people had lost their jobs was not on. Sorted now though.

Last edited by Sue; Jan 9th 2010 at 1:12 pm. Reason: Quote of banned member removed
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:34 am
Concierge

Quoted post of banned member removed.
this thread is from February? bit odd for a new member to trawl back through the archives
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is from February? bit odd for a new member to trawl back through the archives
bizarre...was it a quiet day on ew or something...

MM, xx
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:04 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Snip.
I am disappointed that you've joined with 6 different usernames and wonder what your agenda is. IMO to join with multiple usernames is underhand.

I am closing this thread and I have banned all 6 of your usernames. Please do not break our site rules by re-registering. What you did was misleading to our other members.