Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The thin line between nice and annoying...

The thin line between nice and annoying...

Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default The thin line between nice and annoying...

I think that line is being crossed big time with me...
I'm not as tolerant to nice people as I did say 2 years ago or more...And the things is, the more I see people who are too nice, the more I want to kill them...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:40 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The thin line between nice and annoying...

example please...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
example please...
It's happening everywhere...
For example, in shops, you are falsely pampered...especially by salespersons from a particular part of the world...And in my company I have a girl in customer care which is equally, if not more, nice...And you can really feel the falseness of it...
But, there are others who are genuinely nice also, but you just might as well tell them to stop being nice, if they continue someone will take advantage and beat the shit out of them...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius
For example, in shops, you are falsely pampered...especially by salespersons from a particular part of the world...And in my company I have a girl in customer care which is equally, if not more, nice...And you can really feel the falseness of it...
But, there are others who are genuinely nice also, but you just might as well tell them to stop being nice, if they continue someone will take advantage and beat the shit out of them...
And I'm sure that someone will be me...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:54 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Have a nice day !
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MacScot
Have a nice day !
You're really asking for it, aren't you???
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

And I'm sure that someone will be me...
In terms of salespersons in shops, you can have the US or the UK approach:

US: May I help you......... if it's not there I can order it......... I'll get one for you from the store room........... thank you so much for shopping with us......... etc etc

UK: The bloke what deals with that ain't 'ere.......... if it ain't on the shelf we ain't got none......... that's our policy so I ain't gonna help ya......... loads of people ask for 'em but there ain't no demand (sic!)............ etc etc

I know which I prefer.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:01 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

You're really asking for it, aren't you???
"Twas in jest..I do empathise with you. My biggest bugbear with shop staff being nice to me is them buttering me up slowly to see if I can give their spouse a job !
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
In terms of salespersons in shops, you can have the US or the UK approach:

US: May I help you......... if it's not there I can order it......... I'll get one for you from the store room........... thank you so much for shopping with us......... etc etc

UK: The bloke what deals with that ain't 'ere.......... if it ain't on the shelf we ain't got none......... that's our policy so I ain't gonna help ya......... loads of people ask for 'em but there ain't no demand (sic!)............ etc etc

I know which I prefer.
Well I don't prefer the southeast asians...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

"Twas in jest..I do empathise with you. My biggest bugbear with shop staff being nice to me is them buttering me up slowly to see if I can give their spouse a job !
....... and the young (female) Filipino shop assistants who wonder - quite casually - if you know of any accomodation that might be available.............
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh tell me about it...
I mean, be an SOB but be sincere and don't beat around the bush, rather than be nice and conniving and hide your ulterior motive till the last minute and then strike...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

....... and the young (female) Filipino shop assistants who wonder - quite casually - if you know of any accomodation that might be available.............
That's because they want your body...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's because they want your body...
No!!!!!! You think so?????????
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No!!!!!! You think so?????????
I know so...
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Also, what is the moral and ethical stance on me beating the shit out of my building neightbour, who, in addition to never saying hello or even smiling in any direction and abusing the bldg security, doesn't even have any ettiquette to at least let you in or out of the door and just barges in...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.