Thank God it's over !

Old Nov 26th 2015, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank God it's over !

5 Years 7months and 26 days and the long term pain which was Qatar is well and truly over for me .

I'm happy to say that I'll be returning to Dubai in January . I'm not sure how I've stuck it out for so long.

A happy Thursday indeed !!
Old Nov 26th 2015, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank God it's over !

Just read the news that Qatar has seen some heavy rain, and the new airport's roof is leaking bad , so large puddles inside.

Read that US construction giant Bechtel was the prime contractor. A case of a subcontractor / company mucking things up ?
Old Nov 26th 2015, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Just read the news that Qatar has seen some heavy rain, and the new airport's roof is leaking bad , so large puddles inside.

Read that US construction giant Bechtel was the prime contractor. A case of a subcontractor / company mucking things up ?
I was on the project 3 years , I've nothing but praise for Bechtel , they managed that job in such difficult circumstances . The client was very difficult to say the least.

The Qatari's are jumping up and down blaming the Western contractor this morning like they do with everything here . They won't report that they chipped the roofing and terminal structure contractor 400million dibs though .

The said contractor had it's own demolition team to demolish what the client didn't like when they built it or changed their mind .

Backward country
Old Nov 26th 2015, 8:14 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

This entire region is so ill-equipped to deal with heavy rains that its not even funny. And with global warming etc, the climate here is bound to go more wet.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I was on the project 3 years , I've nothing but praise for Bechtel , they managed that job in such difficult circumstances . The client was very difficult to say the least.

The Qatari's are jumping up and down blaming the Western contractor this morning like they do with everything here . They won't report that they chipped the roofing and terminal structure contractor 400million dibs though .

The said contractor had it's own demolition team to demolish what the client didn't like when they built it or changed their mind .

Backward country
I was going to add that Bechtel is a top notch US engineering services and construction giant , so blame most likely is with a sub-contractor/local company.

Read elsewhere the Qataris were threatening to sue an American-Emirati firm for some service rendered for the Hamad project. Can't recall what it was.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Nov 26th 2015 at 8:26 am.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
This entire region is so ill-equipped to deal with heavy rains that its not even funny. And with global warming etc, the climate here is bound to go more wet.
Global warming doesn't exist
Old Nov 26th 2015, 8:35 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Global warming doesn't exist
yep and vaccines are the devil's baby juice
Old Nov 26th 2015, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I was going to add that Bechtel is a top notch US engineering services and construction giant
Doesn't matter one hoot. It'll still be put together by the cheapest of uneducated labour.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 9:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

5 Years 7months and 26 days and the long term pain which was Qatar is well and truly over for me .

I'm happy to say that I'll be returning to Dubai in January . I'm not sure how I've stuck it out for so long.

A happy Thursday indeed !!
Congrats
Old Nov 26th 2015, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God. The poor girls at the York
Old Nov 26th 2015, 10:14 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

My home flight is booked for 7th April :-) Hasta la vista bitches!
Old Nov 26th 2015, 10:48 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I worked on that job for a bit back in 2009. The Emiri terminal, to be precise. Bechtel weren't a bad bunch to work for.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Oh God. The poor girls at the York
Look out you when I get up on The Ranches chief !
Old Nov 26th 2015, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Congrats
Bit of a relief to be honest , just about had my fill of Qatar . It grinds you down slowly and the money only helps for so long .

Saying that I've got a better deal going back to DXB !!!!
Old Nov 26th 2015, 3:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.