Terror Alerts

Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Abu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really nice
Default Terror Alerts

Has anyone heard anything about increased security around Abu Dhabi this weekend for the F1?

I was in le Meridien hotel last night and they are setting up airport style luggage detectors at the entrances to the hotel and the village.

I don't know if the other hotels have been this cautious.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:22 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terror Alerts

whether there is a specific threat i dont know but i do know that they are ramping up security for it considerably.
They did a bomb drill last weekend complete with hillarious EOD team, there are literally hundreds of police already down there and i did hear that there might be random vehicle checks and searches.

tbh though its an obvious target so to ramp up security is hardly surprising and i doubt that there is any need to be more cautious than at any major event ie the 7's etc
Old Oct 27th 2009, 3:32 pm
str
Forum Regular

str is an unknown quantity at this point

They driving absolutely crazy. They set up a military camp between the labour camps on the northern side of the island, Apache helicopters (or whatever) are flying over the island every now and then, surface-to-air missiles along the shoreline, etc.
Yesterday morning I got almost arrested when leaving the main road behind the hotels because my paperworks were not 100% correct. But today during lunchtime I was able to leave my muddy footprints on the carpets of the grandstand VIP lounges and absolutely no security personnel anywhere around to stop me as everybodey went for lunch.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by str
They driving absolutely crazy. They set up a military camp between the labour camps on the northern side of the island, Apache helicopters (or whatever) are flying over the island every now and then, surface-to-air missiles along the shoreline, etc.
Yesterday morning I got almost arrested when leaving the main road behind the hotels because my paperworks were not 100% correct. But today during lunchtime I was able to leave my muddy footprints on the carpets of the grandstand VIP lounges and absolutely no security personnel anywhere around to stop me as everybodey went for lunch.

There are no SAMs along the shoreline.