Teaching

Old May 12th 2013, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teaching

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3245992.html

Shows that some kids have sense (although a crew cut and a proper shower wouldnt go amiss)!

I always thought teaching was a vocation rather than "handing out packets"
Old May 12th 2013, 5:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Teaching

Originally Posted by UKCityGent

Shows that some kids have sense (although a crew cut and a proper shower wouldnt go amiss)!

Pretty funny. The reaction of the teacher is the best bit - proves he has a point.
Old May 12th 2013, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

He has a point but:

Maybee the teacher was enthusiastic at the start but gave up

Odd that a student would just be happening to film the whole episode, could be the long haired student practicised his speech and coordinated with the videographer. Still doesn't negate the point of the critique.

I do agree that educators need to be talented in motivating students.
Old May 12th 2013, 6:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
He has a point but:

Maybee the teacher was enthusiastic at the start but gave up

Odd that a student would just be happening to film the whole episode, could be the long haired student practicised his speech and coordinated with the videographer. Still doesn't negate the point of the critique.

I do agree that educators need to be talented in motivating students.
Valid point.

My mrs is a 3 year (?) experienced teacher and gives it her all, all the time. Want's the kids to have the best lesson, feels guilty when she thinks she taught a bad one or they didn't get anything etc etc etc.

Lots her level are that keen, lots aren't.

A LOT of the older teachers i've met from her school definitely, definitely couldn't give a shit anymore....but lots still do. I guess you either love it and want to do / be the best, or eventually get ground down over time to not give a monkeys.
Old May 12th 2013, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter (23) is currently doing the rounds trying to find what will be her first teaching post. She did some assistant-teaching in her gap year, and loved it (and the kids loved her), and her mind was made up.

However, and rather bizarrely, she finds she is competing against experienced teachers for the same vacancies.

In what other profession does this happen?
Old May 12th 2013, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
My daughter (23) is currently doing the rounds trying to find what will be her first teaching post. She did some assistant-teaching in her gap year, and loved it (and the kids loved her), and her mind was made up.

However, and rather bizarrely, she finds she is competing against experienced teachers for the same vacancies.

prositution
Old May 12th 2013, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Dean

Teaching recruitment is the most ****ed up job hunt / recruitment process I've ever come across.
Old May 13th 2013, 3:13 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent

Looks to me like he is after his 5 minutes of fame. You do not undermine a teacher in front of the whole class, it won't do any good to either parties.
Old May 13th 2013, 8:43 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Looks to me like he is after his 5 minutes of fame. You do not undermine a teacher in front of the whole class, it won't do any good to either parties.
Agreed, but there is usually weeks or months of crap leading up to this. And for a pupil to basically cry for better teaching is quite bad. Usually it's jut rude and rebellious twats - not someone making a proper point that teachers do hold the future of a nation in their hands.

N.