Tea / Coffee

Old Jun 23rd 2017, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tea / Coffee

Starbucks switched to using UHT instead of fresh milk here a few years ago. Can't stand UHT milk.

There is an amazing little coffee shop called Stomping Grounds near the Zoo in Jumeirah - try it out if you can. It has a mini roastery inside and a very knowledgable team. Always packed. Quite a few little independent coffee shops springing up.

Roseleaf Cafe in the garden centre is good (they switched from RAW to Coffee Planet - both roast locally in Dubai).
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Msasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Tea / Coffee

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Have never drank tea or coffee. Had a try when I was a kid but both taste how I imagine ass does. Coffee also reeks. If I every have my own company I will ban it in public areas.

I do like my women how I imagine i'd like my coffee if I liked coffee though.
You like your women reeking?
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

I did mention it on page one, and would have thought someone might have responded....but what does Civet Shit coffee taste like to be soooo expensive?? (and i do realise it is not literally Civet shit put beans passed through the animal undigested)
Old Jun 27th 2017, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Msasa Roots
You like your women reeking?
Your one and only comment and you go with that!

Good work!
Old Jun 27th 2017, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Msasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to behold

It seemed right

And I knew you had a sense of humour, so no fear of being flamed!
Old Jun 28th 2017, 4:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Pica
I smoke alongside my 2 sachets of sugar in italian espresso (in Italy). 2 each morning is enough to raise my pulse for the rest of the day, an added shot of sambuca in the winter aids the digestion.
Tea is only for when I feel ill which is perhaps once every 3 years.
Nothing could persuade me to visit Ethiopia for their coffee- it's not that important.
I used to always enjoy my morning coffee / burner combo and the inevitable goosebumps / about to shit your pants combo that came with it.

But if I did what you did, with two espressos, sugar and a smoke. I'd have shite coming out my nostrils before I could say 'loo roll'.

I tip my hat.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm always underwhelmed by Italian food. Cipriani, DIFC being a prime example.
Meh. I rarely eat Italian out because the portion sizes are always offensive. Here, have 5 layers of pasta we're calling lasagna, but really it's called; Find the Meat.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'd have shite coming out my nostrils
Ha ha.

I remember the first cig of the day clench and run very well.

Thats a thing of the past though. 6 moths cigless as of today.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 5:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ha ha.

I remember the first cig of the day clench and run very well.

Thats a thing of the past though. 6 moths cigless as of today.
Congrats!

Cold turkey? Patches? Cutting down?
Old Jun 28th 2017, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Congrats!

Cold turkey? Patches? Cutting down?
Thanks.

Vape wanker.

TBH tho, I do think that my reliance on nicotine has decreased significantly since I moved over. I don't vape anywhere near as much as I used to smoke. When boozing yes but a lot of that is due to habit (having / doing something with your hand when boozing and chatting). Other times though not at all, even though its much easier as I can lay on my sofa and vape away without any negative consequences. All this BS with them changing the law (obviously driven by big tabacco) will drive people back onto the cigs which is a shame after the huge numbers who have moved away from the cancer sticks. It's several million in the UK alone.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 5:56 am
Account Closed

Thanks.

Vape wanker.

TBH tho, I do think that my reliance on nicotine has decreased significantly since I moved over. I don't vape anywhere near as much as I used to smoke. When boozing yes but a lot of that is due to habit (having / doing something with your hand when boozing and chatting). Other times though not at all, even though its much easier as I can lay on my sofa and vape away without any negative consequences. All this BS with them changing the law (obviously driven by big tabacco) will drive people back onto the cigs which is a shame after the huge numbers who have moved away from the cancer sticks. It's several million in the UK alone.
My 'issue' with vaping is more that I think I'd do it more, almost constantly, rather than smoking less.
I must be 6 or 9 months with no smokes at work, which is a big step in the right direction....but this weekend drinking showed me that when it comes to boozing, smoking is the eggs to beer's bacon.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

My 'issue' with vaping is more that I think I'd do it more, almost constantly, rather than smoking less.
I must be 6 or 9 months with no smokes at work, which is a big step in the right direction....but this weekend drinking showed me that when it comes to boozing, smoking is the eggs to beer's bacon.
I thought the same too..... and it was probably true at the beginning until the novelty wears off.

Boozing and cigs are a terrible combo. The amount (over your standard norm) that you smoke in a single brunch session is astounding and cigs are what massively ramp up your hangover.

Good work on the not smoking at work chat. I managed that for a while, only taking 2 cigs with me each day, one for the drive in and one for the way home. Found I nailed more when I got home though.