Superbowl LII

Old Feb 4th 2018, 11:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Superbowl LII

Anyone going to watch it?

Anyone got any predictions?
Old Feb 4th 2018, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Superbowl LII

Wrong forum, Scamp. We're not americanexpatswiththeworldsstupidestsport.com
Old Feb 4th 2018, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Rather stick pins in my eyes, besides the 6 nations is on at the moment so will be watching that...proper game!!
Old Feb 5th 2018, 3:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Best Super Bowl ever.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Anyone going to watch it?

Anyone got any predictions?
C'mon lad you're better than that
Old Feb 5th 2018, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
C'mon lad you're better than that

It's a fantastic sport to play.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby for girls
Old Feb 5th 2018, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Rugby for girls
Lol. Hurts more playing American Football than rugby. I enjoyed both a lot...
Old Feb 5th 2018, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me, Scamp, what makes American football worthwhilel? It seems to be one of those sports you have to grow up with to appreciate via cultural indoctrination rather than any intrinsic (or sensible) merit.

I am genuinely curious so this is not a judgement against you.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Please tell me, Scamp, what makes American football worthwhilel? It seems to be one of those sports you have to grow up with to appreciate via cultural indoctrination rather than any intrinsic (or sensible) merit.

I am genuinely curious so this is not a judgement against you.
What makes any sport worthwhile? Mass participation? Viewer figures? Live attendance figures?

How does any sport have or not have merit?

I'm assuming you put Aussie rules, Baseball (to some extent) and others into the same category?
Old Feb 5th 2018, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

What makes any sport worthwhile? Mass participation? Viewer figures? Live attendance figures?

How does any sport have or not have merit?

I'm assuming you put Aussie rules, Baseball (to some extent) and others into the same category?
Some sports have a certain logic to them. Football (normal) does. It's a simple and straightforward game.

Other sports do not. Cricket is a prime example. Which is why its popularity is restricted to countries where people grow up with the sport and it has minimal impact on the rest of the world.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't be dealing with it mate , didn't mind when Janet Jackson got her tit out that time but apart from that it's pretty shite
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

what makes American football worthwhilel?
It's extremely strategic hence the long stoppages in play. I think for most spectators though it's an excuse to get drunk, live of the reflected glory of other people's achievements or a combination of both.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:24 am
Account Closed

Some sports have a certain logic to them. Football (normal) does. It's a simple and straightforward game.

Other sports do not. Cricket is a prime example. Which is why its popularity is restricted to countries where people grow up with the sport and it has minimal impact on the rest of the world.
Unfortunately the whole world disagrees with deliberately awkward folk like you. Hundreds of millions of people play and enjoy cricket, for example.

Over 110million people watched the 2015 Super Bowl in the US alone so I guess it has some logic as a sport.

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Can't be dealing with it mate , didn't mind when Janet Jackson got her tit out that time but apart from that it's pretty shite
Each to their own, I don't really care. Janet's tit was an added bonus though. Just opened this thread in case anyone else was interested.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Unfortunately the whole world disagrees with deliberately awkward folk like you. Hundreds of millions of people play and enjoy cricket, for example.

Over 110million people watched the 2015 Super Bowl in the US alone so I guess it has some logic as a sport.

Each to their own, I don't really care. Janet's tit was an added bonus though. Just opened this thread in case anyone else was interested.
Cricket is not played outside the handful of anglo or commonwealth countries where the British introduced the sport, like Pakistan. It shows no sign of expanding its popularity into fertile breeding grounds.

Which supports the observation that some sports seem to require a cultural indoctrination to enjoy. Americans watch American football for the same reason Pakistanis or the British watch cricket, not because American football on its own is particularly fantastic.

Some sports, like football, are easy to follow and easy to take up anywhere in the world. American basketball has gained large followings overseas for this reason too.

I've tried to watch American football a few times but always found it peculiarly complicated and slow and my American coworkers say the exact same about cricket. I suppose people from outside the culture who start watching American football do so either for the novelty of it or just because they'll watch anything featuring two teams playing against each other. But if you get greater pleasure from watching American football, then great for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.