Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

sueing mediums - the new British law....

sueing mediums - the new British law....

Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute
Default sueing mediums - the new British law....

so what are you thoughts on the fact we can now sue a medium if what they say does not come true?

its funny how our housing market, nhs etc is falling apart but they can spend time and money passing more new laws that i will be very surprised will ever reach a court......

hmmmmmm
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sueing mediums - the new British law....

What law is this - if there is one I am all in favour of it, about time these charlatans were put to the sword
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

havnt seen anything in the news but I cant imagine there has been any legilstation on the matter. More likely a High Court ruling on current Negligence Law with regards to mediums.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/colu...9310-20756240/

This might help!

Do you think it is all crud or there is actually the real deal out there?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/colu...9310-20756240/

This might help!

Do you think it is all crud or there is actually the real deal out there?
Well there's one simple way out for them....simply put a few signs up saying "readings may not be 100% accurate". Disclaimers seem to be everywhere now.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I don't know why the Medium Union is complaining, it's not like they can claim they didn't see this coming

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7351199.stm
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Well there's one simple way out for them....simply put a few signs up saying "readings may not be 100% accurate". Disclaimers seem to be everywhere now.
well the Fraudulent Mediums Act 1951 is legit.

A disclaimer would not be of any use if the Medium went on to represent what they say as fact. they are not get out of jail cards under english law.

Its like if a carpark operator puts up a disclaimer and then does nothing to stop thefts from cars which they know are happening.

Last edited by Inselaffen; Apr 17th 2008 at 9:07 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benzonar
To be honest I don't know why the Medium Union is complaining, it's not like they can claim they didn't see this coming

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7351199.stm
very quick!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Most churches do state that it is an experiment and people are free to come and go as they please....

It just seems crazy for a medium to be sued, when it is the public who pay them to hear it! I do agree there is con people out there but still.... its a bit wild....!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
well the Fraudulent Mediums Act 1951 is legit.

A disclaimer would not be of any use if the Medium went on to represent what they say as fact. they are not get out of jail cards under english law.

Its like if a carpark operator puts up a disclaimer and then does nothing to stop thefts from cars which they know are happening.
I know a girl whose mum is a medium so I'll ask her tomorrow.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Most churches do state that it is an experiment and people are free to come and go as they please....

It just seems crazy for a medium to be sued, when it is the public who pay them to hear it! I do agree there is con people out there but still.... its a bit wild....!
I wonder if it applies to astrologers as well. could put an end to Newspaper horoscopes (and about time )
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I wonder if it applies to astrologers as well. could put an end to Newspaper horoscopes (and about time )
i never actually thought of that! the amount of time i am going to find new love.... well its true if it is talking about shoes!!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know a girl whose mum is a medium so I'll ask her tomorrow.
I dont know many mediums. I know a few smalls and larges though
(ok somebody had to say it - and SE seems to be asleep so I've saved him his usual job)
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:48 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

so what are you thoughts on the fact we can now sue a medium if what they say does not come true?

its funny how our housing market, nhs etc is falling apart but they can spend time and money passing more new laws that i will be very surprised will ever reach a court......

hmmmmmm

Parallels with timeshare salespeople lex here..................
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:22 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know many mediums. I know a few smalls and larges though
(ok somebody had to say it - and SE seems to be asleep so I've saved him his usual job)
Is this the start of the 'double-team' system????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.