Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Stereotypical Physical Traits by Profession

Stereotypical Physical Traits by Profession

Old Apr 13th 2017, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stereotypical Physical Traits by Profession

Who drives Bimmers ? Middle management indicating they have arrived? Up and coming go getter Financial services providers?
Old Apr 13th 2017, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Engineers and Golf GTIs.

Literally zero imagination. Good cars but I would get pretty much anything else not to be part of the other 20 odd GTIs in the car park.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 8:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Engineers and Golf GTIs.

Literally zero imagination. Good cars but I would get pretty much anything else not to be part of the other 20 odd GTIs in the car park.
Proper mid life crisis car that. But early mid-life. When they still have kids so they need the 5 door version....but think they're really cool.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Boys doing well in IT and porches.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Proper mid life crisis car that. But early mid-life. When they still have kids so they need the 5 door version....but think they're really cool.
Exactly! And really fast! One of the boys here replaced his older GTI with a Megane R26.... had it about 6 months before he sold it as it scared him. Golfs are good but they are by no means a great drivers car. They look after you too much. This guy got a little sqiffy in the Megane and that was it. Nae balls. He went straight out and bought the Golf R.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by al dente
Boys doing well in IT and porches.
Well they do keep the rain off the door...
Old Apr 13th 2017, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

to all you Golf haters
I've had both the GTi and the R....loved both cars......although the R is in a different league to the GTi....but i wouldn't go back to having either of these again
Old Apr 13th 2017, 11:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Exactly! And really fast! One of the boys here replaced his older GTI with a Megane R26.... had it about 6 months before he sold it as it scared him. Golfs are good but they are by no means a great drivers car. They look after you too much. This guy got a little sqiffy in the Megane and that was it. Nae balls. He went straight out and bought the Golf R.
Thing is, out here, what's the point in a fast / racy car?
Most roads have speed cameras every 2 miles.
Most roads are straight.
Most roads have traffic lights or speed bumps.

Got shot down in the office for this but nobody could tell me where there are 'fun' roads to enjoy such a car regularly and easily. (EG: My old commute was through the New Forest...A roads / B roads, glorious, even in a diesel A3).
Old Apr 13th 2017, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Most roads are straight.

Got shot down in the office for this but nobody could tell me where there are 'fun' roads to enjoy such a car regularly and easily. (EG: My old commute was through the New Forest...A roads / B roads, glorious, even in a diesel A3).
err there are plenty of stretches of road where you can put your foot down.....even on SZR ....but of course you need to know the distances between the cameras.....there's a stretch on SZR between two cameras where almost every day (driving to the office) i clock up to 160-180...granted it doesn't last that long coz then next camera approaches
Old Apr 13th 2017, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mission
err there are plenty of stretches of road where you can put your foot down.....even on SZR ....but of course you need to know the distances between the cameras.....there's a stretch on SZR between two cameras where almost every day (driving to the office) i clock up to 160-180...granted it doesn't last that long coz then next camera approaches
Of course, there are some good gaps but apart from a Friday morning, when is there little enough traffic?

Straight road and driving fast is very....American. It's shouty and high speed but a Golf GTI type (et al) is going to be more fun on a windy (Wiggly not blowy) road.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Most roads are straight.

You can say that about pretty much every urban environment in the world..... people will still buy sporty cars though.

As I'm frequently all over the UAE I know many a decent twisty road with no cameras.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mission
to all you Golf haters
I've had both the GTi and the R....loved both cars......although the R is in a different league to the GTi....but i wouldn't go back to having either of these again
Generally not a VW fan if I'm honest, its not just the blandness of the Golf. Although years ago I did manage to find myself a Corrado VR6 over here. Now that is an awesome car. One of only three in the UAE back then. I haven't seen one here in years now though. Would love another one...... or failing that a nice Pug 205 GTI, now that's a proper pocket rocket.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

well that sums me up pretty well. albeit it's the R32 rather than the GTi.

Any suggestions what to get next to avoid the mid life tag!
Old Apr 17th 2017, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brains1983

Sorry mate. It's my boss too, he really thinks he's cool because of it. Says his son calls it the race car - which means he obviously drives like a lunatic when his kids in the car....which I don't understand either?

Anyway. R32 is better so you win on that front?
Old Apr 17th 2017, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brains1983

Get a Harley.... that will sort you right out....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.