Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread

sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread

Old Nov 12th 2017, 7:20 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread

Originally Posted by mission
so folks i took the M2 for a good couple of hrs on Friday....and absolutely loved it...however i wanted to compare it to some of the other cars that were kinda on my radar...so i first visited the merc show room in Deira to check out the C63....but those start at frigging 400k and so way out of my price range...however the sales guy suggested the C43, but didn't have one on hand for a test drive. He was suppose to ring me on Sat to confirm a test drive but I never heard from him and so i didn't bother....to be honest i didn't really like the dashboard and so wasn't too fussed.
On Saturday I visited VW to check out the Golf R to see if they had made any enhancements since i last had one 2 years ago...and although the price was very attractive for what you are getting (full spec 189k) there wasn't really much change in terms of engine capacity from the one i had previously and it would actually be a step down from my current M235i
I then visited Audi and test drove the RS3 and the TTRS - and although i don't like the shape of either car i just wanted to get a feel of driving it, and to be fair the TTRS was nice (the RS3 was ok) but it felt like i was driving a toy in comparison to the M2...i found the M2 extremely 'solid and sturdy' to drive...it felt like i was behind the wheel of something decent....the acceleration was by far superior to the other cars i drove.
I actually ended up taking the M2 again on Saturday for a couple hours.
The other thing to point out is the warranty and service package for the other cars are pants compared to what you get when you buy a beemer - with beemer you get service package for 5 years/100k km + repairs 5 years/200k km including replacement of disc pads and brakes, and warranty for 2 years unlimited mileage.
So that sounds like a sale to me - Did you buy it? Which color? How many wheels?
Old Nov 12th 2017, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
So that sounds like a sale to me - Did you buy it? Which color? How many wheels?
not quite sealed the deal yet....since i am giving my car as part exchange, beemer need to look over the technical details of my car and so i'm dropping it off on Tuesday for them to give a thorough look over (they'll keep the car all day)....i don't envisage anything being wrong since it's always been serviced by beemer.
They initially offered me 130k and I said no way...then they came back a week later and raised it to 140k... to which i said it was a possibility...once they view the car properly on Tues, i am hoping they will offer 145k (since i recently had all four tyres replaced and i've had all 4 alloys refurbished) and in which case i'll be happy with that.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 11:06 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

not quite sealed the deal yet....since i am giving my car as part exchange, beemer need to look over the technical details of my car and so i'm dropping it off on Tuesday for them to give a thorough look over (they'll keep the car all day)....i don't envisage anything being wrong since it's always been serviced by beemer.
They initially offered me 130k and I said no way...then they came back a week later and raised it to 140k... to which i said it was a possibility...once they view the car properly on Tues, i am hoping they will offer 145k (since i recently had all four tyres replaced and i've had all 4 alloys refurbished) and in which case i'll be happy with that.

So you're not going to make Monday's deadline

Re: sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread
contre to SHED and DUB's comments above ALL decisions will be made one way or another, at the latest, for Mon morning.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
So you're not going to make Monday's deadline

Re: sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread
contre to SHED and DUB's comments above ALL decisions will be made one way or another, at the latest, for Mon morning.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't know on Thurs (when i posted my comment) that they would need my car this coming Tuesday
Mission you FAILED!!!!