Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Someone please cut my foot off..

Someone please cut my foot off..

Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:33 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Someone please cut my foot off..

I have gout in my left foot, it is bastard agony, I have it on good information worse than child birth...

:curse:
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:08 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someone please cut my foot off..

Originally Posted by Bison
I have gout in my left foot, it is bastard agony, I have it on good information worse than child birth...

:curse:
what, worse than something the size of a small melon coming out of somewhere you never thought could stretch that much?!

I'd say it'd be more like one of those tests where they shove a little sample-taking spikey thing the wrong way up your manhood and pull it out again.

PS: Yes, I know you're wincing now
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:44 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me, this is worse.

It feels like the Syrus Star has just dropped anchor on my foot, and even that probably isn't as bad.

I'll take a melon out my jap eye any day over this.... awww fu@k it hurts, it hurts a real bad.

Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Get to the chemist (or get someone to go for you if you can't walk) and get yourself some colchizine (think spelling is correct). It usually works really quickly but you might have some weird side effects - feeling 'spaced' or needing to sit on the bog most of the day - but it'll be worth it.
In general with gout you should make sure you keep as hydrated as possible.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:26 am
100% British Beef

Yeah I usually take Voltarin, but a trip to the UK docs recently and now have a new tab called DICLOFLEX (Should be in the funny names thread lol) so I just downloaded a couple of them and have 2 litres of water of which I have already drank half. It'll start to ease by this evening, usually only have attackes for a day or two at most. It's just killing now, I should have took some tabs yesterday but I didn't think it was gout at the time, i'm usually good at catching it early.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

but I didn't think it was gout at the time
Any joint pain always turns out to be gout!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:01 am
100% British Beef

Any joint pain always turns out to be gout!
This has happened the last 2 times now, first when I flew back to the UK, went on the piss at that Irish pub at the Meridean by the airport, then had a few at Irish Village pub in the airport, got a pain in the knee when flying (*i'd never had gout in the kneww before) so assumed I had slept funny, but no it was the dreaded gout. This weekend I had a few drinks and a boogie, pain is in the ankle so thought I must have twisted the anky whilst dancing with this fit bird from Honalulu....

I'm hungry, will have to get delivery.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

first when I flew back to the UK, went on the piss at that Irish pub at the Meridean by the airport, then had a few at Irish Village pub in the airport, got a pain in the knee when flying
Flying often seems to bring it on - maybe to do with dehydration? (Obviously not helped if your only fluid intake is beer!)

I'm hungry, will have to get delivery
Try to avoid anything salty like Chinese.

Last edited by hawkhead; Mar 1st 2009 at 7:24 am. Reason: ashamed at my grammar
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Ouch!...You might have to cut back on alcohol, meat and seafood and slim down a bit as you get older or it will hit you again and again.

Dairy products such as milk and cheese significantly reduced the chances of gout.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:15 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you'd been on a really healthy diet recently so how come you have gout now ?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

I thought you'd been on a really healthy diet recently so how come you have gout now ?
It's not as simple as that. The causes of gout are largely unknown.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:25 am
100% British Beef

Tuna Steaks..... definately a cause I would have thought.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:34 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
Tuna Steaks..... definately a cause I would have thought.
Better go back to pizza and aspirin.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Better go back to pizza and aspirin.
Aspirin will make it worse..use Ibuprofen or something else, pizza is alright!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:46 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
what, worse than something the size of a small melon coming out of somewhere you never thought could stretch that much?!
I think gout's worse than squeezing out something your species has evolved to do and millions of it females do on a daily basis often without medicine, drugs or even proper sanitation.

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.