So Morgan then...

Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:20 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile So Morgan then...

...I remember our landlord had one and took me for a spin in it as a boy. I've always thought them cars for old men since then but looking through a book about them the other day I was blindsided by the obvious.

Morgan makes the perfect car!

Give me a second to explain before you flame me (and yes I promise I have been taking all my pills).

Point 1: In a way cars are modern status symbols and usually the newer/shinier/flasher/faster the better. Even humble family wagon like a 3-Series or Mondeo now is designed to look dynamic and space age, the problem is that all this newness also looks quite pretentious. We know this, so does every one else. However no one knows how to rate a young Morgan driver really which makes us very curious.

Point 2: Here is a car that avoids all the social traps most cars have, the driver doesn’t look like she/he is trying to show off yet it turns heads. It’s a sports car but it looks equally at home in a multi-story car park or outside a country cottage. You can’t dislike it on the grounds that it’s inefficient, yet it is clearly designed for fun.

Point 3: Everyone moans about there being no British sports car makers left. The problem isn’t that there are few makers but that we had a company that nearly built the perfect car before the Second World War even started and has just been putting the finishing touches on it ever since!

So I conclude my case for the mighty, yet humble, Morgan as the perfect car . So do I need a straight jacket or have my eyes finally been opened to the brilliance of these machines?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:35 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Morgan then...

Google images and post a pic of the model you tried !
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:40 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: So Morgan then...

Originally Posted by MacScot
Google images and post a pic of the model you tried !
They all look the same except for the Aero .

It had two seats and very straight lines I think.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
...I remember our landlord had one and took me for a spin in it as a boy. I've always thought them cars for old men since then but looking through a book about them the other day I was blindsided by the obvious.

Morgan makes the perfect car!

Give me a second to explain before you flame me (and yes I promise I have been taking all my pills).

Point 1: In a way cars are modern status symbols and usually the newer/shinier/flasher/faster the better. Even humble family wagon like a 3-Series or Mondeo now is designed to look dynamic and space age, the problem is that all this newness also looks quite pretentious. We know this, so does every one else. However no one knows how to rate a young Morgan driver really which makes us very curious.

Point 2: Here is a car that avoids all the social traps most cars have, the driver doesn’t look like she/he is trying to show off yet it turns heads. It’s a sports car but it looks equally at home in a multi-story car park or outside a country cottage. You can’t dislike it on the grounds that it’s inefficient, yet it is clearly designed for fun.

Point 3: Everyone moans about there being no British sports car makers left. The problem isn’t that there are few makers but that we had a company that nearly built the perfect car before the Second World War even started and has just been putting the finishing touches on it ever since!

So I conclude my case for the mighty, yet humble, Morgan as the perfect car . So do I need a straight jacket or have my eyes finally been opened to the brilliance of these machines?
i love morgans, i always wanted one when i was young, but i remember there was a massive (7 years or something) waiting list...don't know whether that's the same now...

MM, xx
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:13 am
W10

Morgans are amazing cars, but I imagine they'd struggle really badly out here (I saw aTVR Tuscan driving out here the other week...and I felt sorry for the owner!!!)

Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:24 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: So Morgan then...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i love morgans, i always wanted one when i was young, but i remember there was a massive (7 years or something) waiting list...don't know whether that's the same now...

MM, xx
"Our waiting list is currently in the region of 12 months."
Source: http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/

Hold their value very nicely even in these tough times .
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:50 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

My dad had them for 20 years, started on a 4/4 with the XR3 engine, then onto an early 70s +8 with straight through exhausts - sounded amazing, then onto the new +8s. Great fun, bit like go-karting.

He was on the Aero 8 waiting list, but the driving position and clutches on the +8 did his back in so he had to give up and get a Merc...he was not happy.

When his last one was being made I went to the factory to take some pictures of it in different stages (l was in Warwick at the time so not a bad journey).
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:56 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Was hoping this thread might be about the luscious Morgan Fox breaking off her engagement and coming to Dubai to drown her sorrows...sadly not.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Was hoping this thread might be about the luscious Morgan Fox breaking off her engagement and coming to Dubai to drown her sorrows...sadly not.
The 1980s Playboy model. she's a bit old now. Evidently when Megan Fox turns up I'll ensure to steer her away from you seeing as you have already stated your preference.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benzonar
The 1980s Playboy model. she's a bit old now. Evidently when Megan Fox turns up I'll ensure to steer her away from you seeing as you have already stated your preference.
Please explain...and Lionheart does know how to spell Megan Fox...he was just trying to be witty. Wasted his breath it seems.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Please explain...and Lionheart does know how to spell Megan Fox...he was just trying to be witty. Wasted his breath it seems.
you are such a lovely couple....please try and come to the BE night out...