And so it begins...

Old Jan 26th 2017, 6:45 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And so it begins...

Originally Posted by tintriangle
So having examined his exposition you choose to dismiss it because of an unwise decision 20 years ago either not to learn and then to have attempted to sing an important song in an unfamiliar language, together with some personal beliefs. I guess your Vulcan reference is not to my Avatar but to Redwood's slightly protruding ears - another non-sequiteur.

If any of these matters had informed his instructive piece then maybe there would be grounds for suspecting its credence.

I find his experience in senior banking and industry positions plus his intimate knowledge of the political landscape have given him the ability to write a cogent, interesting and thought-proving for me at least, article.

Had it been written by anyone else would you still have dismissed the ideas he sets out I wonder?
Aside from the fact that Redwood's political career was a spectacular failure, the article you quoted is a risble piece of cringeworthy toadying. That is the kind of approach that Trump will interpret (correctly) as craven weakness.

And as for the idea of a free-trade deal with the US, I'm struggling to think of any UK industrial sector that stands to gain much. Generally costs in the US are lower than the UK so where will UK sourcing be attractive in the US? UK brands that have any resonance in the US are usually super-premium (viz. Bentley, Dunhill, Burberry etc) so not particularly sensitive to trade barriers anyway.

On the other hand, removing the barriers to US mass-producers of GMO everything, hormone riddled cattle and dairy products, cheap and nasty cars and car parts, dodgy financial services etc is likely to decimate many domestic sectors. And I have no doubt that among the "trade barriers" that Trump will be insisting to remove will be any kind of consumer labelling that indicates information that might affect consumer choice such as the presence of GMO, BST or any of the other lovelies that the /US agro-industry promotes but which Europe has blessedly resisted.

Be careful what you wish for....
Old Jan 26th 2017, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

tintriangle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Aside from the fact that Redwood's political career was a spectacular failure, the article you quoted is a risble piece of cringeworthy toadying. That is the kind of approach that Trump will interpret (correctly) as craven weakness.

And as for the idea of a free-trade deal with the US, I'm struggling to think of any UK industrial sector that stands to gain much. Generally costs in the US are lower than the UK so where will UK sourcing be attractive in the US? UK brands that have any resonance in the US are usually super-premium (viz. Bentley, Dunhill, Burberry etc) so not particularly sensitive to trade barriers anyway.

On the other hand, removing the barriers to US mass-producers of GMO everything, hormone riddled cattle and dairy products, cheap and nasty cars and car parts, dodgy financial services etc is likely to decimate many domestic sectors. And I have no doubt that among the "trade barriers" that Trump will be insisting to remove will be any kind of consumer labelling that indicates information that might affect consumer choice such as the presence of GMO, BST or any of the other lovelies that the /US agro-industry promotes but which Europe has blessedly resisted.

Be careful what you wish for....
I'm not sure I would agree it was risible - typically tongue in cheek but as I said, thought provoking. Your response is exactly the sort of reasoned reply I find useful to my understanding of this complex issue - thanks.
Let's see how Mrs May deals with Mr Trump - I have an interesting weekend ahead of me, watching Brillo et al analysing the communique(s).
Old Jan 26th 2017, 9:06 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Well I dont know much about world economics but I do know that the IT market is definitely cheaper in the US, subsidizies / tax evasion etc. So if the US IT Suppliers are given a free hand to sell in the UK, the local IT companies in UK might see some stiff competition.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

i just want a GMO burger with extra growth hormones. It might help my biceps.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 11:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
i just want a GMO burger with extra growth hormones. It might help my biceps.
Bit it'd likely shrink your willy. Only you (and perhaps a massage parlour or two) know if that's an acceptable trade-off.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 10:48 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Is this true? I usually don't trust the Daily Fail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/~/article-4166610/index.html
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Bit it'd likely shrink your willy. Only you (and perhaps a massage parlour or two) know if that's an acceptable trade-off.
I'm good for a few GMO burgers I reckon.

Will stay off the milk unless it comes directly from the breast though.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

So Trump put a ban on 7 Muslim majority countries because of their terrorism threat but he left out Saudi Arabia and Pakistan; where is the logic in this?

I don't agree with the ban and the ban is akin to going after a guy who nicks 100 bucks and leaving the guy who nicked a million bucks alone.

Federal judge has put a stay on the ban; the right decision.

Also, the ban was applicable for Muslim who are citizens of Western nations who are dual citizens of the countries listed on the ban. Lebanon wasn't on the ban but if it was, it would have especially affected Lebanese.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 3:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Lebanon wasn't on the ban but if it was, it would have especially affected Lebanese.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
Confused me too. I thought the Lebanese were Italians.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It's the greasiness isn't it?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Well ya know, the Lebanese diaspora community is yuuuge . Under Trump's ban even if a Lebanese had Canadian or Australian citizenship, if they had Lebanese citizenship they would be banned from the US.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, Lebanese are Canadians.....
Old Jan 30th 2017, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why all the liberal lefties are up in arms, they weren't when their darling obummer did it in 2011, for double the time.

I guess it's the "Inconvenient truth".
Attached Thumbnails And so it begins...-16406878_1012726365526632_4762342790711313960_n.jpg  
Old Jan 30th 2017, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Under Trump's ban even if a Lebanese had Canadian citizenship
Canadian dual nationals were exempt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.