View Poll Results: Did you know that "slope" was a derogatory term?
Yes, and it was wrong for it to be used
28.13%
Yes, and so what?
18.75%
No
53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Slope

Old May 1st 2014, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slope

Clarkson is a vile arrogant racist
Old May 1st 2014, 11:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Clarkson is a vile arrogant racist
Can you substantiate that? (the racist bit) For him to be racist (or discriminatory, in its legal sense) on the two occasions (Slope, and "n" if indeed he said it), who are the victims?

I think we desperately need to "discriminate" (in its true sense) between someone being potentially rude, and racism and (illegal) discrimination.

Noticing (and remarking on the fact) that someone is of a different race, gender, age, hair colour, religion or whatever isn't ****ing racism or discrimination: doing something which disadvantages that person in some way is.

And the supposed distinction between "niggaz" and "n" is bollocks. Both refer to black people.
Old May 1st 2014, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I will rephrase that

I do not like him !
Old May 1st 2014, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And the supposed distinction between "niggaz" and "n" is bollocks. Both refer to black people.
In different ways.

"catch a nigger and let him go"

vs.

"enough ta make a nigga go crazy, shut down the Grammy's ask mah granny"
Old May 1st 2014, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Noticing (and remarking on the fact) that someone is of a different race, gender, age, hair colour, religion or whatever isn't ****ing racism or discrimination: doing something which disadvantages that person in some way is.

Clarkson wasn't just observing someone was of a different race, he was calling them by a racial slur (slope).

Niggaz/Nigga/Niggas is different from Nigger, the former is more accepted as a term of endearement. My best mate, who is Blonde+Blue eyes, will every now and then call a close friend of his (Black ) " My Nigga". No one bats an eyelid when my mate says it because everyone understands the context/intent .

Other words like "Bitch" or "Bastard" also mean very different things depending on who is saying it to whom and the context of the situation.
Old May 1st 2014, 3:56 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Clarkson wasn't just observing someone was of a different race, he was calling them by a racial slur (slope).

Niggaz/Nigga/Niggas is different from Nigger, the former is more accepted as a term of endearement. My best mate, who is Blonde+Blue eyes, will every now and then call a close friend of his (Black ) " My Nigga". No one bats an eyelid when my mate says it because everyone understands the context/intent .

Other words like "Bitch" or "Bastard" also mean very different things depending on who is saying it to whom and the context of the situation.
Slope: I agree. But he was being rude, not racist.

N: So my lexicon is to be determined by others who have taken a word and decided that they own and only they can use it, or that I may be permitted to use it only in the way that they chose. And I can't use it because of my colour. That's racism.

Everybody who calls me bastard really means it.
Old May 1st 2014, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody who calls me bastard really means it.
Likewise, but I always give people a reason to mean it...
Old May 2nd 2014, 6:53 am
Hit 16's

Clarkson's a disgrace to white people.

Spoiler:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617937/Constance-Briscoe-guilty-LYING-police-investigating-Chris-Huhne-speeding-points-scandal.html
Old May 2nd 2014, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...d-footage.html

What a tw*t.
David Camerons Chipping Norton circle all either at the Old Bailey or exposed as racist tw*ts.

And the snivelling makes it worse

"Last night, he released a video statement “begging forgiveness” for the error, as he admitted he had appeared to “mumble” the offensive word despite attempting not to."

Attempting not to, oh dear.

Last edited by shiraz1; May 2nd 2014 at 7:23 am.
Old May 2nd 2014, 9:00 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by shiraz1
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...d-footage.html

What a tw*t.
David Camerons Chipping Norton circle all either at the Old Bailey or exposed as racist tw*ts.

And the snivelling makes it worse

"Last night, he released a video statement “begging forgiveness” for the error, as he admitted he had appeared to “mumble” the offensive word despite attempting not to."

Attempting not to, oh dear.
It's pretty lame.

However, the nonsense arises from the fact that what he said, when he said it, was never intended for airing. But I guess we're past that point now.

It's a bit like the question: If a husband goes into the depths of the forest and says something that nobody can hear, is he still wrong? And before anyone jumps up and down and says that's sexist, I'm pro gay marriage, and therefore the person impliedly always telling him he's wrong could be of either sex. It's termed pro-grovel (as in pro-active).
Old May 2nd 2014, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy Clarkson has begged viewers' forgiveness after he appeared to use the N-word during filming of his BBC programme Top Gear.

In a video statement posted online on Thursday, he said that he had tried to obscure the word when reciting the "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" nursery rhyme to chose between two cars, but that his efforts to do so "weren't quite good enough".

Clarkson had previously issued a robust denial of the allegation, telling his 3.2 million Twitter followers: "I did not use the N-word. Never use it. The Mirror has gone way too far this time."

But footage of the incident was later posted on The Daily Mirror website. In it Clarkson recites the beginning of the children's nursery rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" before apparently mumbling: "Catch a nigger by his toe."
So innitially he lies about saying "Nigger" then when a rape is released he admits to it.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...=ILCNETTXT3487
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What we have learned to expect from the worst kind of public schoolboy. May God blister his barnacles !
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
So innitially he lies about saying "Nigger" then when a rape is released he admits to it.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...=ILCNETTXT3487
Edit

"When a Tape ! is released "
Old May 3rd 2014, 3:26 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be a witch-hunt on for Clarkson lately. So he is a knuckle-dragging, insensitive, wannabe toff neanderthal? Is anyone actually surprised? I'm certainly not, but also I think he is fairly harmless compared to some of the people who are allowed to ply their trade in politics. Also in his defence he is quite funny and makes a TV show watched by millions across the world. I guess this means he also has a target on his back..

I'm sure some bleeding-heart from the PC brigade will come along saying he is the most dangerous kind as he has been accepted by the masses. Sorry mate. That's lame. I doubt very much he is any more racist than anyone else you can find in a random pub in the UK. The difference is he has a stage.

This is massively blown out of proportion. Why? To sell papers....
Old May 3rd 2014, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

The politically correct brigade are missing the point, and make it much worse than if they let it pass. I do not like being called a 'Ghorrah', but I let it pass. The people who object most are those who are unable to accept that the past, and its ill-advised lingo is the past. There is no place for it in the modern world, but I am old enough for the outrageous terminology to have been common usage. There is a place for everyone to be realistic these days, but Clarkson used the unspeakable off-screen, and the Mirror has a grudge against him, and does that make things right because he declined to write for them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.