Six Nations

Old Feb 2nd 2014, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all
Default Six Nations

Anybody watch any of the rugby over the weekend?
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Six Nations

I watched the second half of the England game.

Disappointed.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
I watched the second half of the England game.

Disappointed.
They were the better team in the 1st half but we just couldn't close the game out near the end.

Wales won the Six Nations after loosing the first game so you never know.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
They were the better team in the 1st half but we just couldn't close the game out near the end.

Wales won the Six Nations after loosing the first game so you never know.
We've got three away games though, I think we'll come 2nd or 3rd.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

The England result was disappointing but overall an exciting game of rugby and all credit for coming back from 16-3 down.

Care had a great game which I know Scamp will have enjoyed and Farrell played well too (although missed a couple of kicks). Twelvetrees had a bit of a mare with very poor distribution throughout.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
The England result was disappointing but overall an exciting game of rugby and all credit for coming back from 16-3 down.

Care had a great game which I know Scamp will have enjoyed and Farrell played well too (although missed a couple of kicks). Twelvetrees had a bit of a mare with very poor distribution throughout.
I don't understand why Care gets taken off at 60mins. Why do we change the scrum half so regularly? He looked fine?

Farrell is improving. I'm a harsh critic of his because I think he thinks he's better than he is. BUT, he's improving and in the right ways, he makes some good decisions now and as a 10 should, he seems to be able to control plays, set pieces and make good calls. Interesting player.

Twelvetrees did get caught out a bit. Agree completely.

Robshaw looked good. Mike Brown looked good, but like he does for Quins occasionally, gets run over / dodged / made to look flat footed in some tackles.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Agree on the question of why Care was taken off after an hour, can't help but think it was a pre-planned tactic to make changes on the hour, but surely given the fact that he was playing so well and we were up against it, surely the plan could have been revised? Plus Farrell was suffering from cramp at the end but we had no replacements left. I'm sure Care could have carried on for a while longer.

Agree on Brown, when he makes a break he looks awesome, but sometimes he's left wanting a little.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Agree on the question of why Care was taken off after an hour, can't help but think it was a pre-planned tactic to make changes on the hour, but surely given the fact that he was playing so well and we were up against it, surely the plan could have been revised? Plus Farrell was suffering from cramp at the end but we had no replacements left. I'm sure Care could have carried on for a while longer.

Agree on Brown, when he makes a break he looks awesome, but sometimes he's left wanting a little.
It doesn't make sense to me. I can understand giving game time when we're cruising, I can understand changing the front row and other high tempo, impact positions....but the scrum half, who's playing well, match fit, in a tight game, where he's made decent decisions seems a bit strange.

Still, upsetting result but France away is never anything but difficult....should have won though
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Lancaster has a lot to answer for on the Care substitution - he was astonishing for an hour (I have been trying to remember a better performance from an England 9) but his departure cost England all their momentum and drive. Dickson is a decent scrum-half, but doesn't have Care's all round dynamism. Bad call from the coach - the lead was too narrow to dispense with your first-choice players with 20 still to go.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Dean
Lancaster has a lot to answer for on the Care substitution - he was astonishing for an hour (I have been trying to remember a better performance from an England 9) but his departure cost England all their momentum and drive. Dickson is a decent scrum-half, but doesn't have Care's all round dynamism. Bad call from the coach - the lead was too narrow to dispense with your first-choice players with 20 still to go.
I'm glad you agree too.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Scotland are doing their best to set themselves up for the wooden spoon by making a good case to be the 6 Nations whipping boys.

Absolutely outclassed by the Irish. I know their game against England is at Murryfield but they can't be looking forward to that.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
It seems Scotland are doing their best to set themselves up for the wooden spoon by making a good case to be the 6 Nations whipping boys.
<cough>Italy?</cough>
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
<cough>Italy?</cough>
At least the Italians turned up and had a go against the Taffs.....
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
<cough>Italy?</cough>
You don't think Italy will beat Scotland at home?
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Did anyone else think O'Driscoll had already retired? I was surprised to see him yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.