Sitting Impatiently

Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:02 am
Just Joined

MattH268 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sitting Impatiently

And here was me thinking that BT were bad!

I was supposed to get my broadband and TV today from Du at 9am. Still unclear why it takes over 2 weeks for them to process an order but hey I waited for that so I rang them at 10 to be told the engineer was on his way, rang at 11 to be told that he might be able to connect me today before 6pm!

Now I should be at work but chances are the engineer will arrive when I get to work but if I stay here he won't come today and I have wasted the day, although I will have a very clean and tidy flat by the end of it!

I haven't heard of any other provider so Is Du the only Internet/Tv provider and hence they have totally monopoly of the market?

Sat here impatiently

Matt
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:31 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sitting Impatiently

Originally Posted by MattH268
And here was me thinking that BT were bad!

I was supposed to get my broadband and TV today from Du at 9am. Still unclear why it takes over 2 weeks for them to process an order but hey I waited for that so I rang them at 10 to be told the engineer was on his way, rang at 11 to be told that he might be able to connect me today before 6pm!

Now I should be at work but chances are the engineer will arrive when I get to work but if I stay here he won't come today and I have wasted the day, although I will have a very clean and tidy flat by the end of it!

I haven't heard of any other provider so Is Du the only Internet/Tv provider and hence they have totally monopoly of the market?

Sat here impatiently

Matt
Etisalat are also a provider but don't expect any better service from them. They have been around longer and have perfected the art of failure to deliver!:curse:
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:35 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me that is wondering how someone with no internet connectivity in his house can post on here just now????
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Roadking
Etisalat are also a provider but don't expect any better service from them. They have been around longer and have perfected the art of failure to deliver!:curse:

I guess it's not only me, there are probably 100 other people sat at home with an installation time of 9am!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Is it just me that is wondering how someone with no internet connectivity in his house can post on here just now????
The joy of wireless networks!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:49 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

The joy of wireless networks!
'Unsecured' wireless networks, I assume....
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
'Unsecured' wireless networks, I assume....
Not the safest way to access the web but a lifeline to those that move here and have to wait weeks for their own connection.

A small thanks to those that fail to secure their network!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:28 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Not the safest way to access the web but a lifeline to those that move here and have to wait weeks for their own connection.

A small thanks to those that fail to secure their network!
yup I did exactly the same, saying that my wireless is unsecured - I should sort that out, not sure how mind - anyone? (Please don't say ring Etisalat as they are useless)
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Best way I know how to secure your wifi connection is to go into the router set up through your browser.

Here you can give the wifi connection a name, and set up a security password ( WEP or WPA ) which tend to be 10 digit passwords.

Usually, when you first get the wireless modem, it takes through your web browser to the router connection screen , where you eitehr enter in all the IP addesses manually, or the system set up does it for you. Here you can then choose to set up a security system. SOunds perhaps more complicated than it really is.

THere may well be an easier way to do it, but not being a techie geek, I don't know of any.

We've just moved from an apartment into a villa ( on the same compound ) and there are at least two unsecured wifi connections I pick up from y back garden!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

And they lie as well, No connection today:curse:, I should have gone to work! At least the flat is tidy!

Apparently they won't compensate in anyway as apparently the engineer rang but I didn't answer! Total b******s, I lost it at that point:curse:, poor guy probably gets irate customers waiting for an engineer for a 30 second job all the time. Flippin useless - chances of them giving me the heads up tomorrow so I can get home and giving my TV and internet = totally unlikely! Maybe one day I will get my own connection without slowing down the unsecured network I'm connected too!

M