Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Shop & Ship and the Like

Shop & Ship and the Like

Old Sep 26th 2016, 7:04 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shop & Ship and the Like

I am sick to death of paying "UAE" prices on clothes (EG, Next work clothes is double the costs of the UK/Next UAE Online) so i am looking to ship in items from UK/USA and the like.

Has anyone had any experience with Shop and Ship, or do they have any other website they recommend. Souq, don't really offer the stuff I am looking for.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shop & Ship and the Like

I use shop and ship all the time for stuff I've bought on Amazon. Works well and generally is reasonably priced.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 7:33 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I use shop and ship all the time for stuff I've bought on Amazon. Works well and generally is reasonably priced.
So how does it work? I haven't got past the $45 fee. I won't pay until i know what I am getting.

It offers that I can shop all around the world, but what it really means is I shop on Amazon UK, and this gives me post box? Its not a search engine or anything like that?

Ie; I search Ralph Lauren Polo
It gives me multiple stores/websites around the world to chose from. I order from that store/website then they do all the posting
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
I am sick to death of paying "UAE" prices on clothes (EG, Next work clothes is double the costs of the UK/Next UAE Online) so i am looking to ship in items from UK/USA and the like.

Has anyone had any experience with Shop and Ship, or do they have any other website they recommend. Souq, don't really offer the stuff I am looking for.
It doesn't matter what they cost in GBP if you're getting paid in AED .
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

So how does it work? I haven't got past the $45 fee. I won't pay until i know what I am getting.

It offers that I can shop all around the world, but what it really means is I shop on Amazon UK, and this gives me post box? Its not a search engine or anything like that?

Ie; I search Ralph Lauren Polo
It gives me multiple stores/websites around the world to chose from. I order from that store/website then they do all the posting
The way it works is.... You register, pay your $45 (it used to be free) and you get access to a online portal. Once logged in you have a list of 15 odd P.O Boxes around the world. Then when you buy stuff online you put the most relevant P.O Box address in (this has your unique membership number in it). The parcel is then delivered to that P.O Box and is then forwarded to the address you have registered on the site. Prior to delivery they email and let you know how much you owe for shipping and you can either pay online or in cash upon delivery. You can track you parcel much like any other courier service.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
The way it works is.... You register, pay your $45 (it used to be free) and you get access to a online portal. Once logged in you have a list of 15 odd P.O Boxes around the world. Then when you buy stuff online you put the most relevant P.O Box address in (this has your unique membership number in it). The parcel is then delivered to that P.O Box and is then forwarded to the address you have registered on the site. Prior to delivery they email and let you know how much you owe for shipping and you can either pay online or in cash upon delivery. You can track you parcel much like any other courier service.
So you don't have to use the shops that are on the shop and ship website? basically order from anywhere in the world where there is a shop and ship PO Box?
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by co durham boy
It doesn't matter what they cost in GBP if you're getting paid in AED .
I transfer money to UK regularly. I still buy most things in pounds. For example in Next Work trousers are 200 AED, i can buy the same for 90AED (free shipping) On a one off item it means nothing, but when your buying clothes on a regular basis it adds up.

No DBXtoGOA i won't shop for clothes in Lulu like you.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Look at namshi

And next.ae is cheap as chips for your disposal whoring and drinking shirts iggle.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 9:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Look at namshi

And next.ae is cheap as chips for your disposal whoring and drinking shirts iggle.
Next is just an example of where i know its so much cheaper. I only buy Next clothes for Work. I am really after Abercrombie/Tommy/Ralph clothing
Old Sep 26th 2016, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Next is just an example of where i know its so much cheaper. I only buy Next clothes for Work. I am really after Abercrombie/Tommy/Ralph clothing
IGGY you are such a chav
Old Sep 26th 2016, 9:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mission
IGGY you are such a chav
How's that Chav?

Last time i checked that was Burberry, Lacoste and Fred Perry!! Am i that far out of the loop now!?!?!
Old Sep 26th 2016, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brains1983
So you don't have to use the shops that are on the shop and ship website? basically order from anywhere in the world where there is a shop and ship PO Box?

You can buy from anywhere. All they are offering is a P.O Box No. and a redirection service.

They don't have any shops on their website that I am aware of.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

As I said earlier. Buy from ebay.co.uk, and pay the £5 postage. It works.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

How's that Chav?

Last time i checked that was Burberry, Lacoste and Fred Perry!! Am i that far out of the loop now!?!?!
Tommy and Ralph is definitely chavvy....maybe aby isn't so much.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mission
Tommy and Ralph is definitely chavvy....maybe aby isn't so much.
Would say the other way round! Saying that, all of them have a certain amount of nice, quality and understated stuff but on the same hand they all have some massively chavvy shite too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.