Shanghai & Suzhou

Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:11 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shanghai & Suzhou

Off there in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations for:
a) Reasonably-priced hotels in striking distance of the nightlife
b) Nightlife
c) Must-see places?

BTW, there are 8 towns in the US called Shanghai. Why?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shanghai & Suzhou

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Lack of Imagination!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:20 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. Probably Muslims did it.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

b) Nightlife
c) Must-see places?

You lucky man.

I've been in the US for the last 7 days (not Shanghai)... terrible place. Food is tasteless and the people are fat, bored and ugly. Oddly, I even feel more suppressed and less free here than I do in Dubai.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

*Rolls eyes*

I've been in the UK for the last 2.5 months....terrible place. Food is tasteless and the people are fat, bored and ugly. Oddly, I even feel more suppressed and less free here than I do in Dubai.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You lucky man.

I've been in the US for the last 7 days (not Shanghai)... terrible place. Food is tasteless and the people are fat, bored and ugly. Oddly, I even feel more suppressed and less free here than I do in Dubai.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ethos83
*Rolls eyes*
I've been in the UK for the last 2.5 months....terrible place. Food is tasteless and the people are fat, bored and ugly. Oddly, I even feel more suppressed and less free here than I do in Dubai.
You need to go out more son! and stop calling your mother fat, bored and ugly although I agree the food she makes is tasteless.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:46 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

This is going well
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

b) Nightlife
c) Must-see places?

..err - Chinese immigrants?

Like UK immigrants - new YORK, Birmingham, Aberdeen, etc
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
*Rolls eyes*

Apologies Ethos... I forgot that you think yourself as a US citizen when it suits you.

Actually, I sort of agree with you about the analogy to the UK. It's a symptom of the west... albeit magnified in the US. At least the teeth are better here in the US I guess.

As for personal freedoms... they are higher in the UK than the US. Just look at all the bored faces waiting for the green man to tell them to cross an empty road.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:49 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by MacScot
..err - Chinese immigrants?

Like UK immigrants - new YORK, Birmingham, Aberdeen, etc
It did cross my mind, but I wouldn't have thought the Chinese immigrants would have had the clout to name towns, or the standing to have inspired those responsible for the naming.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This is going well
You asked an innocent question, what do you expect?

Now, if you find this young lady tell her I want to marry her.

Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

This is going well
Wait until someone blames Muslims.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:51 am
Hit 16's

You asked an innocent question, what do you expect?

Now, if you find this young lady tell her I want to marry her.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iNwhegpdQ40
You might change your mind after I've met her.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You might change your mind after I've met her.
are you going to break her fingers?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

I've been in the US for the last 7 days
Phew!! i thought you did a LH.

I hope you get over your Ugly American Syndrome. tell them a joke- try the one below, they love it! Chances are that you will get a few free beers, some reconciliation!!

An Englishman, Frenchman, Mexican, and Texan were flying across country on a small plane when the pilot comes on the loud speaker and says " We're having mechanical problems and the only way we can make it to the next airport is for 3 of you to open the door and jump, at least one of you can survive" The four open the door and look out below. The Englishman takes a deep breath and hollers "God Save The Queen" and jumps. The Frenchman gets really inspired and hollers "Viva La France" and he also jumps. This really pumps up the Texan so he hollers "Remember the Alamo" and he grabs the Mexican and throws him out of the plane

Have a great time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.