Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Seven yrs in slammer for Irish Quran thrower

Seven yrs in slammer for Irish Quran thrower

Old Jun 14th 2010, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seven yrs in slammer for Irish Quran thrower

Weird headline... weird story...

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000...er/Article.htm
Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:54 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seven yrs in slammer for Irish Quran thrower

It was reported in last Wednesday's Gulf News but surprisingly failed to provoke any reaction from westerners here. Understandable perhaps if she was in transit and maybe failed to grasp the importance of religion in these parts. Surely a good lawyer would have got her a reduced sentence.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:00 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671849

Oh do keep up, please...
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:41 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
My boss has been told of some 300 Emiratis being recently sentenced to 20 years with no remission for fraud and embezzlement involving government monetary organisations. Does anyone know about this? Its been reported in the Arab language media apparently. Something to do with a 2yr investigation by Sheikh Makhtoum's office staff?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Well if you're going to call the thread "Gravity", forgive me if I fail to grasp the Quran throwing implications......... hadn't even noticed that thread - sorry.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
My boss has been told of some 300 Emiratis being recently sentenced to 20 years with no remission for fraud and embezzlement involving government monetary organisations. Does anyone know about this? Its been reported in the Arab language media apparently. Something to do with a 2yr investigation by Sheikh Makhtoum's office staff?
I can't say which bit of the government that might be, but I'm sure they'll be holding further enquiries.........
Old Jun 14th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
It was reported in last Wednesday's Gulf News but surprisingly failed to provoke any reaction from westerners here. Understandable perhaps if she was in transit and maybe failed to grasp the importance of religion in these parts. Surely a good lawyer would have got her a reduced sentence.
It's a poorly reported story.

If you read the comments beneath the article, it appears she was a manager responsible for cleaning the mosque.

Reading between the lines, she was seemingly telling staff off for resting when they should have been working. In a temper fit, she threw the Koran on the floor, and then said there is nothing in the Koran saying you can't throw it on the floor.

The witnesses against her were the very staff she was having a go at.

A whole can of worms here.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 6:22 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Well if you're going to call the thread "Gravity", forgive me if I fail to grasp the Quran throwing implications......... hadn't even noticed that thread - sorry.
Touché
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
...another attempt at subtlety bites the dust.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt't even know ther was an Irish Quran.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:26 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
I didnt't even know ther was an Irish Quran.
Of course there is...it's more popularly known as the Guiness guidelines for brewers.