Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Selling a car to someone with finance

Selling a car to someone with finance

Old Sep 16th 2014, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a car to someone with finance

saw a nice rs6 estate this morning. pity it was been driven by a twat who was using his mobile.

starting to look for a cheapish motor for the Mrs for when she finally passes her test. She wants a Fiat 500 but I think she'll end up with a Kia Piccanto
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:26 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

We had a mk5 in muscat. Got it for AED equiv of 85k in 2009.
Sold it last month for 45k. � ����
We were 35yrs, but husband drove it most. I found it too small and scary. I preferred presence on the road. It's a great car to take in tight parking situations, and the s mode was great at roundabouts.
Mikewot, you can get the engine modded in Dubai to take it up to an r32 level, if you want, but it was too much hassle for us.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:38 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Mikewot, you can get the engine modded in Dubai to take it up to an r32 level, if you want, but it was too much hassle for us.
Thanks, I use Autohaus in DIP, the owner is a neighbour and a real petrolhead. Always doing mod stuff but I'm quite happy with it as it is thanks :-)
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:41 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Thanks, I use Autohaus in DIP, the owner is a neighbour and a real petrolhead. Always doing mod stuff but I'm quite happy with it as it is thanks :-)
Nice! Tibor is a friend of mine as well
Autohaus is the place to go with anything German in Dubai!
Old Sep 16th 2014, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Nice! Tibor is a friend of mine as well
Cool! He is taking my car in tomorrow for service, then bring it back once it's done. Special service for good neighbours
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
saw a nice rs6 estate this morning. pity it was been driven by a twat who was using his mobile.

starting to look for a cheapish motor for the Mrs for when she finally passes her test. She wants a Fiat 500 but I think she'll end up with a Kia Piccanto
another RS6 today, maybe same one, number plate 59 was parked at work, directly blocking a door way in a space that is clearly not for parking. Security probably took one look at the plate and decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 9:16 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the tax free cars whilst you can! The prices for the cars here in Malaysia are buttock clenching and the engine sizes.... Sob.....
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the tax free cars whilst you can! The prices for the cars here in Malaysia are buttock clenching and the engine sizes.... Sob.....
ask for more feathers
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes but you can enjoy the joys of driving a proton !

was checking the price of Singapore prices recently. they really have gone to completely silly levels.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 10:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
yes but you can enjoy the joys of driving a proton !

was checking the price of Singapore prices recently. they really have gone to completely silly levels.
Cheapest beer I had over there was a pint of Guinness, equivalent of £11
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 12:27 pm
womble

Singapore is not in Malaysia..... Different country different tax regime....

Anyway, I'm enjoying being able to go to the supermarket and buy a bottle of wine or three