Scottish Independence

Old Sep 18th 2014, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scottish Independence

David Cameron To Scottish People: ‘I’ll Kill Myself If You Leave’ | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

One more reason for the Yes vote.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 6:38 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

An enlightening article

Old Sep 18th 2014, 6:56 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I'm short of words today and fit to burst with emotion.

Regardless of outcome a 97% voter registration, expected turnout of over 80% and ques at polling stations before they opened, has me as a happy man

Ridiculously proud to be a scot in a union that allows a free vote. Brings it home when even the public airing of that as an option here would be a jail sentence

This is how you do democracy

This was sent to me today

"It is historic, the atmosphere is electric and it is only the nutters of both sides - a tiny minority - who have or will have a problem on Friday.
Either way the winner will be the highest democratic ideals of man - and things in the British Isles will never be the same again. This referendum is a victory for the freedom of all men."
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:08 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
This referendum is a victory for the freedom of all men."
Freedom? Ah yes, they can take our lives but they cannot take our FREEDOM!!!

Last edited by mikewot; Sep 18th 2014 at 7:25 am.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

yes campaign still sticking head in sand over future currency Spanish warn independent Scotland would get euro not pound - Telegraph
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:26 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Freedom? Ah yes, they can take our lives but they cannot take our FREEDOM!!!
Knowing the person who sent it they were definitely referring to the freedom to exercise rights rather than an australian anti Semite prancing about like a ****.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I am curious to understand how Scots have been repressed and unable to exercise their freedom over the past 307 years. There is, to my mind, some absolute pish going around.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm short of words today and fit to burst with emotion.

Regardless of outcome a 97% voter registration, expected turnout of over 80% and ques at polling stations before they opened, has me as a happy man

Ridiculously proud to be a scot in a union that allows a free vote. Brings it home when even the public airing of that as an option here would be a jail sentence

This is how you do democracy

This was sent to me today

"It is historic, the atmosphere is electric and it is only the nutters of both sides - a tiny minority - who have or will have a problem on Friday.
Either way the winner will be the highest democratic ideals of man - and things in the British Isles will never be the same again. This referendum is a victory for the freedom of all men."
I'm sorry, my friend, but I feel that sums it up. The rosy picture you paint about the highest democratic ideals of man doesn't include the lies, half-truths and obfuscation which will have influenced many voters. Lump those things on top of the fact that non-Brits get to vote (and if the vote goes to the wire, each of those foreign votes is important) and--I know this is contentious--that only those north of the border have a say in the fate of the union, I hardly see anything democratic to rejoice in.

You've already got your own parliament and a large amout of self-determination. Without any desire to sound insulting or condescending, I can't help feeling that many people are acting like 13-year olds wanting to move out.

I therefore can't share in your joy.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:42 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

Without any desire to sound insulting or condescending,
and yet you managed that surprisingly well in so few words
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:44 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by mikewot
I am curious to understand how Scots have been repressed and unable to exercise their freedom over the past 307 years. There is, to my mind, some absolute pish going around.
really?

remind me again how many scots got to vote on the union in the first place, or when all men could vote at all, what about women?
or how about the last time when the dead voted?
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Ethos82 has a brilliant futureEthos82 has a brilliant futureEthos82 has a brilliant futureEthos82 has a brilliant futureEthos82 has a brilliant futureEthos82 has a brilliant future

This is probably the best analysis on the psychology behind the Yes vote I've seen, written by Ewan Morrison (a lefty and former Trotsky). He summarises concisely what I've been observing for a long time.

Ewan Morrison – YES: Why I Joined Yes and Why I Changed to No | wakeupscotland

Found it linked via Guardian.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:48 am
Account Closed

remind me again how many scots got to vote on the union in the first place, or when all men could vote at all, what about women?
You've now lost me.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

I'm sorry, my friend, but I feel that sums it up. The rosy picture you paint about the highest democratic ideals of man doesn't include the lies, half-truths and obfuscation which will have influenced many voters..
and yet all those voters have had the greatest independent access to information in electoral history. more sources, more ways and more opposing views and two years to look into things.

Ignorance is self imposed in this case and yes its not ideal that all voters are not 100% informed but in a democracy people are unfortunately allowed to be idiots.
I'm sure there will be one or two who dont even know what they are voting for.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:53 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

really?

And that doesn't sound like a 13-year old saying, "I never asked to be a part of this family anyway!"?
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:55 am
**** it we'll do it live

And that doesn't sound like a 13-year old saying, "I never asked to be a part of this family anyway!"?
are we really going to try to start a debate about the merits of the few ruling the many without representation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.