School Places

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default School Places

I think JESS need to change their admin staff or their standard email response. This is a line from an email I received from them regarding placement for next year.

Due to the huge expansion currently taking place in Dubai, many of our Primary year groups have become extremely over-subscribed. We have therefore felt it necessary to take the decision to close the majority of our Primary waiting lists to all but corporate-debentured applicants or future Foundation 1 siblings of current JESS children.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:34 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: School Places

Originally Posted by Kim67
I think JESS need to change their admin staff or their standard email response. This is a line from an email I received from them regarding placement for next year.

Due to the huge expansion??? currently taking place in Dubai, many of our Primary year groups have become extremely over-subscribed. We have therefore felt it necessary to take the decision to close the majority of our Primary waiting lists to all but corporate-debentured applicants or future Foundation 1 siblings of current JESS children.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Wasn't JESS rated highly?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seraphnina
Wasn't JESS rated highly?
Yep.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Wonder if the other schools on that short list will do the same.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This was the response we got from them last year when we applied so I'd say they just haven't bothered to change their standard email.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

This was the response we got from them last year when we applied so I'd say they just haven't bothered to change their standard email.
I have a son at JESS and we have received an email asking whether anyone is planning on leaving before next term. Think they have been waiting to find out how many are going before changing email, or maybe no one has admitted they are doing a runner!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
I have a son at JESS and we have received an email asking whether anyone is planning on leaving before next term. Think they have been waiting to find out how many are going before changing email, or maybe no one has admitted they are doing a runner!
Yeah - I'll check with them again nearer the end of term. Do you know if they still put british passport holders above others on their list?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Yeah - I'll check with them again nearer the end of term. Do you know if they still put british passport holders above others on their list?
I have heard that they have done away with the British passport requirement, but whether you'd get priority with one or not I really don't know.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
I have heard that they have done away with the British passport requirement, but whether you'd get priority with one or not I really don't know.
Thanks, just checking out options for school and housing after summer.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i've heard that the are genuinely full though...a friend with 2 kids there was trying to get places for her brother's child, and was told no chance, couldn't even get on the waiting list...

MM, xx
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, they probably are - things might change over summer. Just checking out whether we can move the to Ranches - both my husband's business partners live there and we had planned on moving there when we arrived but because we couldn't get into JESS we moved closer to school.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they probably are - things might change over summer. Just checking out whether we can move the to Ranches - both my husband's business partners live there and we had planned on moving there when we arrived but because we couldn't get into JESS we moved closer to school.
oh i was talking about jess jumeirah, mind you, might be different at the ranches...

MM, xx
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh i was talking about jess jumeirah, mind you, might be different at the ranches...

MM, xx
both the JESS's are full, because of the Emirates debenture thing I think
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

What is the link between JESS and Emirates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.