Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Saudi, what a nice bunch eh!

Saudi, what a nice bunch eh!

Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saudi, what a nice bunch eh!

so far this week we have

"A senior Saudi cleric has said purveyors of horoscopes on Arab television should face the death penalty"

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/53102...rologers?ln=en

and before that

"A senior Saudi cleric has issued a religious decree saying the owners of television networks broadcasting "depravation and debauchery" may be killed"

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/53084...--cleric?ln=en

seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi, what a nice bunch eh!

nah, the second one isn't reasonable, but you must have some sympathy for the sorcery one... imagine, TV free of the likes of Russell Grant...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Saudi, what a nice bunch eh!

Originally Posted by shiva
so far this week we have

"A senior Saudi cleric has said purveyors of horoscopes on Arab television should face the death penalty"
Harsh for a bit of "cold reading" , it's not as if educated people believe that tripe anyway. Would have thought it posed little threat to their beliefs?

Atheists on the other hand...! Those knieving little buggers using rationality, their powers of independant though and logic to reach reasonable conclusions. Far too much thinky things going on inside their brains for any good to be happening, off with their heads!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:09 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
imagine, TV free of the likes of Russell Grant...
Got to admit, that's a very good point...

Last edited by Welivehere; Sep 15th 2008 at 8:13 am. Reason: Grammar
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
nah, the second one isn't reasonable, but you must have some sympathy for the sorcery one... imagine, TV free of the likes of Russell Grant...
I feel Russell Grant lost a teensy weensy bit of credibility as an astrologer one morning on the late (un)lamented TV-AM when he told Virgo (or whoever) to watch out for a loose floorboard or carpet..........

To her credit, the bimbo co-presenter told him 'not to talk such rubbish'........
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
so far this week we have

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/53102...rologers?ln=en

and before that

"A senior Saudi cleric has issued a religious decree saying the owners of television networks broadcasting "depravation and debauchery" may be killed"

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/53084...--cleric?ln=en

seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, just look how depraved it is.......... (this from Reuters):

In one much-criticised scene on "Bayni wa Baynak" (Between Us), for example, one character insulted another by telling him he could stick his mobile phone chip "in your you-know-where".

Last edited by The Dean; Sep 15th 2008 at 10:17 am. Reason: e
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:26 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Well, just look how depraved it is.......... (this from Reuters):

In one much-criticised scene on "Bayni wa Baynak" (Between Us), for example, one character insulted another by telling him he could stick his mobile phone chip "in your you-know-where".
HANG HIM!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:36 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to Dragonmart in Dubai at the weekend. Hubby treated me to some nice lingerie, whereupon I planted an affectionate peck on his cheek. This act of rampant debauchery immediately led an old geezer in Arab clothing to run out of the Chinese store screaming at us for disrespecting his bloody culture...and this in front of an innocent 4 year old. Needless to say, I really cannot wait to leave this Godforesaken place.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shadya
We went to Dragonmart in Dubai at the weekend. Hubby treated me to some nice lingerie, whereupon I planted an affectionate peck on his cheek. This act of rampant debauchery immediately led an old geezer in Arab clothing to run out of the Chinese store screaming at us for disrespecting his bloody culture...and this in front of an innocent 4 year old. Needless to say, I really cannot wait to leave this Godforesaken place.
Did you beat the crap out of him (you seem the type)?

Come back to Saudi.........

Here they now have special public places where women can walk around in their underwear, with lots of local males shouting "Lovely!", "You look great!" and "Respect!", that sort of thing..............
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

.. they now have special public places where women can walk around in their underwear, with lots of local males shouting "Lovely!", "You look great!" and "Respect!", that sort of thing..............
Are you talking about mosques?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Did you beat the crap out of him
i'd have punched my husband if he'd bought me lingerie from dragonmart...

MM, xx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
I wasn't the only one that spotted that problem then

China's finest nylon undies
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:12 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Saudi, what a nice bunch eh!

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
China's finest nylon undies
Well given that they are just the teaser who cares? They'll be off in about 6 seconds (5 mins if the brastrap has one of those strange buckles they put on to confuse you).
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
I would also punch him...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I would also punch him...
well thank you...i think...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.