Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Saudi divorce rate all the fault of women, according to the men

Saudi divorce rate all the fault of women, according to the men

Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:00 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saudi divorce rate all the fault of women, according to the men

Take a look at this link from Zawya, from a story published in the Saudi Gazette

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZA...emailmarketing

Some are saying that women are receiving too much education and not being taught domestic skills, although on the flip side seems some women seem to expect their husbands to fund an extravagent lifestyle for them without making any contribution themselves.

I think the whole country is quite twisted.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi divorce rate all the fault of women, according to the men

Originally Posted by Meow
Take a look at this link from Zawya, from a story published in the Saudi Gazette

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZA...emailmarketing

Some are saying that women are receiving too much education and not being taught domestic skills, although on the flip side seems some women seem to expect their husbands to fund an extravagent lifestyle for them without making any contribution themselves.

I think the whole country is quite twisted.
In contrast... In the west the women all blame the men.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
In contrast... In the west the women all blame the men.
Or in Caitlin Moran's words 'not men but The Man' as in the patriachy.

*puts feminist head back below parapet.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:16 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Or in Caitlin Moran's words 'not men but The Man' as in the patriachy.

*puts feminist head back below parapet.
I've always wondered who this "man" was to be honest. Can't they find him and shoot him? They found Bin Ladin so it can't be that hard

On a side note feminism always amazes me today in the West. It seems more about blaming the current generation of men for crimes against women their great-grandfathers may have committed or supported, and promoting a victim mentality in women than actually trying to support equality of opportunity under law.

I'd like to see feminists get up in arms about how women are treated Saudi in the same way they do about a company asking it's staff to wear a skirt

N.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I've always wondered who this "man" was to be honest. Can't they find him and shoot him? They found Bin Ladin so it can't be that hard

On a side note feminism always amazes me today in the West. It seems more about blaming the current generation of men for crimes against women their great-grandfathers may have committed or supported, and promoting a victim mentality in women than actually trying to support equality of opportunity under law.

I'd like to see feminists get up in arms about how women are treated Saudi in the same way they do about a company asking it's staff to wear a skirt

N.
That is not feminism. Sadly it's a much misused and misunderstood concept these days.

Feminism is simply about wanting equality for women and by that I mean equal opportunities and equal treatment. In the West we largely have that, at least in law, but there is a long way to go in many countries.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:49 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

That is not feminism. Sadly it's a much misused and misunderstood concept these days.

Feminism is simply about wanting equality for women and by that I mean equal opportunities and equal treatment. In the West we largely have that, at least in law, but there is a long way to go in many countries.
Then can't we call it equal opportunities rather than feminism and include men too?

N.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:54 am
Bored liberal

Then can't we call it equal opportunities rather than feminism and include men too?

N.
Ideally we would, but there is a legacy of patriarchy that is still to be overcome so it is too soon for that. In so many countries women have far fewer opportunities or rights, so it is still relevant to focus on the needs of women.

To make it totally clear, proper feminism is not anti-men it is pro-women.

Last edited by Meow; Jul 10th 2011 at 9:50 am. Reason: Crap typing - as usual
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Ideally, but there is a legacy of patriarchy that is still to be overcome so it is too soon for that. In so many countries women have far few opportunities or rights, then it is still relevant to focus on the needs of women.

To make it totally clear, proper feminism is not anti-men it is pro-women.
I completely agree with meow on this. Though as a man, you are very welcome to become a feminist too.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
I completely agree with meow on this. Though as a man, you are very welcome to become a feminist too.
Does it improve our chances of a quick shag?
Old Jul 10th 2011, 10:01 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Does it improve our chances of a quick shag?
Only if you are really fit
Old Jul 10th 2011, 10:05 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Only if you are really fit
No probs for me then, but not so sure about Norm.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 11:49 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Saudi divorce rate all the fault of women, according to the men

I agree its women’s fault. Everything was fine until you lot rejected subjugation under men. Can’t you see how your discontentment with your lot in life is driving marriages apart?

One day you want to be allowed out of the house alone, then you want to driver cars and eventually have equal pay for doing the same work as a man. Well if you can get a job, car, sex toy and go out alone what do you need a (possibly demanding, lazy and/or abusive) husband for? See how opportunity gives women choice?

Eventually even men have to change in awful ways for you. Their company has to be enjoyable, they have to be intelligent and interesting because there are no good women left who accept the old ways of life.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
No probs for me then, but not so sure about Norm.
Good thing I have a personality and brains...with my looks and rampant misogyny I'd never get my leg over otherwise

N.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 1:03 pm
Bored liberal

Good thing I have a personality and brains...with my looks and rampant misogyny I'd never get my leg over otherwise

N.
All that talk of Nazis is such a turn on...
Old Jul 10th 2011, 2:15 pm

All that talk of Nazis is such a turn on...
Evokes images of sexy black leather uniforms...always works for me

N.