Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Saudi cancels upwards of $20billion of projects

Saudi cancels upwards of $20billion of projects

Old Jan 16th 2017, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saudi cancels upwards of $20billion of projects

Impact of Saudi’s $20bn project cull not likely to be felt this year | The National

I liked the title. Says a lot about the Gulf mentality, eh?
Old Jan 16th 2017, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

tintriangle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi cancels upwards of $20billion of projects

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Impact of Saudi’s $20bn project cull not likely to be felt this year | The National

I liked the title. Says a lot about the Gulf mentality, eh?
$20bn project cull not likely to be felt this year

As you intimate - that's all right then.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 1:42 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you're a TCN being held hostage without wages or passport. Just as well they're dispensable.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 1:59 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

And yet the Lavish Royal Estate on the Morroco coast line is still a go!
and the millions spent monthly on the 'stipends' for the hundreds of princes and princesses (with an ever increasing number I assure you) are still a go!
I was there last week and there is so much wrong with this picture that I wouldnt know where to start if asked for a solution quite honestly :/
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:02 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

and ofcourse the expensive war with the Iranians on 2 fronts, how could I forget that!
Old Jan 16th 2017, 4:00 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
And yet the Lavish Royal Estate on the Morroco coast line is still a go!
and the millions spent monthly on the 'stipends' for the hundreds of princes and princesses (with an ever increasing number I assure you) are still a go!
I was there last week and there is so much wrong with this picture that I wouldnt know where to start if asked for a solution quite honestly :/
When you have multi-millions or billions of personal wealth, watching your country go down the pan doesn't hurt so much, I guess. The future's not bright, but Mazagan will continue to do well.