salik tag

Old Dec 10th 2017, 4:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: salik tag

Originally Posted by mission
because i want to keep the windscreen 'clean'
I can almost guarantee that if you put it on properly, behind the rearview, you won't see it.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

If you have a glass sunroof, you can attach it to that.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gavtek
Very good idea.

Alternatively you could remove the headlight cluster, attach it to the inside of the headlights, and refit the assembly.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 4:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Perfect place for it technically is over the BMW badge on the front. You'll never miss another Salik gate
Old Dec 11th 2017, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gavtek
yeah i put it there when i had my previous beemer, but this one doesn't have a sunroof.
I'm still struggling as to where to stick it - for now i just literally take it out of the glove compartment as i pass under the saliks.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
yeah i put it there when i had my previous beemer, but this one doesn't have a sunroof.
I'm still struggling as to where to stick it - for now i just literally take it out of the glove compartment as i pass under the saliks.
Oh, for *****s sake. Just put it behind the rearview mirror like the rest of the cars. You won't even notice it's there.

It's just a matter of time before you forget to take the salik out for the gates. and wham thousands in fines.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Perfect place for it technically is over the BMW badge on the front. You'll never miss another Salik gate
...or as a little flag on the aerial. Will help with finding it in the mall too.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:27 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Alternatively you could remove the headlight cluster, attach it to the inside of the headlights, and refit the assembly.
Maybe have a bonnet custom made with an in built holder, discreetly inlaid with diamonds around the tag.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Wear it on your forehead. That way you know if your car has been stolen.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Put it on the back window - that way it doesn't disturb the looks of the car from the front and you can check it is still there with the rear view mirror every time you apply lip gloss.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:51 am
Account Closed

Stick it on one of the indicators. They don't work on BMWs anyway.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 7:29 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

doorknobs!! stop confusing her!!
listen darling, you can go to www.salik.gov.ae and there you will find a section for Virtual Salik Tagging.
Register your Salik Number and your car number there, they will ask you to take pictures of your car with you sitting in it from all angles so make sure you already have them ready with you. Make sure they are high resolution pictures. Once that is done in 7 days they will send a representative to physically check if all the information provided is correct and car color etc etc.
That way you dont have to put the Salik Tag on the windscreen ever again.
Its all in line with Dubai Smart City 2020 planning.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

holy moly you guys are truly having a field day with this one...i dislike you all
I thought my thread was a sensible straight forward question...junglies, the lot of ya!