Rugby

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 6:36 am
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rugby

Contacted Dubai Exiles yesterday, had a really long informative chat with Jill. She explained everything that goes on with them, and how I could be involved. Veterans play touch rugby, and as I miss not being able to play the full game through fear of twisted metal, this is a good way to get involved again. Mission for August is to shape up and get fit, and start training with them in September. Question - is anybody else involved with the Exiles, or any other rugby clubs over here?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby

Originally Posted by scarletfan
Contacted Dubai Exiles yesterday, had a really long informative chat with Jill. She explained everything that goes on with them, and how I could be involved. Veterans play touch rugby, and as I miss not being able to play the full game through fear of twisted metal, this is a good way to get involved again. Mission for August is to shape up and get fit, and start training with them in September. Question - is anybody else involved with the Exiles, or any other rugby clubs over here?
Hi Llanelliman,

Exiles are a good club socially but it's all 'up in the air' while the new venue ("The Sevens") is being finished. Where are they training now - or is it still too early?

I'm involved on a wider scale - with the Arabian Gulf RFU rather than a particular club. Being in Saudi has reduced my effectiveness somewhat but I was Manager of the Arabian Gulf Under-19s until last year.

I also officiate at the Dubai Sevens, as part of the anti-doping team (and I've heard all the jokes, so don't bother!). I don't actually do the testing, I just collect the urine samples...... (I SAID I'VE HEARD ALL THE JOKES SO DON'T BOTHER!!!!!!!!!!)
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hi Llanelliman,

Exiles are a good club socially but it's all 'up in the air' while the new venue ("The Sevens") is being finished. Where are they training now - or is it still too early?

I'm involved on a wider scale - with the Arabian Gulf RFU rather than a particular club. Being in Saudi has reduced my effectiveness somewhat but I was Manager of the Arabian Gulf Under-19s until last year.

I also officiate at the Dubai Sevens, as part of the anti-doping team (and I've heard all the jokes, so don't bother!). I don't actually do the testing, I just collect the urine samples...... (I SAID I'VE HEARD ALL THE JOKES SO DON'T BOTHER!!!!!!!!!!)
you're taking the pi....oh, you said you'd heard them all, sorry.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
you're taking the pi....oh, you said you'd heard them all, sorry.
When do tickets for the Sevens go on sale?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Hi Llanelliman,

Currently, training facilities are on the Al Ain road, whilst the clubhouse and facilities are currently in portacabins until the new building is completed in October.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
When do tickets for the Sevens go on sale?
Hi Squirty,

Usually about 5-6 weeks prior. This year it's 27-29 Nov so I'd keep my eyes open from about mid-Oct onwards if I were you.

Last year (first time ever) they ran out of ALL tickets beforehand.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby is going them (he's 27) looking to play first or second team. he knows a couple of people there already through work. I believe they are playing touch at the mo to begin the training. If i find out more info i could let you know when he is going up. Will be about two weeks, we are moving next wknd so probs the following week he will start training with them.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
My hubby is going them (he's 27) looking to play first or second team. he knows a couple of people there already through work. I believe they are playing touch at the mo to begin the training. If i find out more info i could let you know when he is going up. Will be about two weeks, we are moving next wknd so probs the following week he will start training with them.
Thanks MrsH. I intend to start training in September. According to my consultants, I'm not supposed to run, but until I start training I won't know my capabilities. It will be good to get involved though, and that's the part I miss the most.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Currently, training facilities are on the Al Ain road, whilst the clubhouse and facilities are currently in portacabins until the new building is completed in October.
and it is licensed, my Dad goes up there a couple of times a week along with Jimmy Lees, everyone knows Jimmy
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and it is licensed, my Dad goes up there a couple of times a week along with Jimmy Lees, everyone knows Jimmy
Hi BC. Talking to Jill yesterday, she did say they have a really good social life up there as well. If your dad goes up there, he must obviously think the same, which is good to know.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blimey!! Is he still alive??

.... (Jim Lees I mean, not your dad....)
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey!! Is he still alive??

.... (Jim Lees I mean, not your dad....)

he is more alive than Dad at the minute, infact he is looking after my dad as he has a DVT yes wor Jim is still around, he is amazing I just call him Grandad, he loves it
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 4:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

he is more alive than Dad at the minute, infact he is looking after my dad as he has a DVT yes wor Jim is still around, he is amazing I just call him Grandad, he loves it
what's a DVT petal?
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
what's a DVT petal?
Deep Vein Thrombosis?

Nasty........
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:13 am
Concierge

Deep Vein Thrombosis?

Nasty........
yes a rather nasty 5 inch blood clot in his lower calf, he is on Warfarin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.