Reload this Page >

Royal Breeze Al Hamra RAK

Royal Breeze Al Hamra RAK

Old Nov 21st 2011, 10:04 am
Just Joined

royalbreeze-ibi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Breeze Al Hamra RAK

Hmm my first post didn't make it through -

I have just come back from inspecting the RB5 studio. Overall good, but with several issues to resolve. The site engineer (Hatem) was very helpful and honest and forthcoming. There were a lot of snags which we listed and gave to them for action. (everything from scratched cupboards to broken locks). We also asked for the unit to be measured and it did measure less than the contracted amount (am awaiting their responses).
Cooker space is also a problem. The design appears to have been changed mid-construction. The area originally designed for a cooker has been covered by worktop instead. There's no pretty solution we could think of.
There's also odd design for where the TV and wardrobes should be.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 10:10 am
Just Joined

royalbreeze-ibi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jeniffer
Hi, could you please tell the off-plan price for studios, as it seems I paid a reeeeaaaly high price then the same studios on avarage... txs in advance.
Hi Jeniffer,
Back in 2007, the offplan prices for Royal Breeze studios was about 300,000 to 350,000 AED (depending on type, view etc). As I remember, the prices were going up at the time in line with everything else. I haven't seen anyone trying to resell their studios at less than these prices.

Last edited by royalbreeze-ibi; Nov 21st 2011 at 11:26 am. Reason: (spelling mistake)
Old Nov 21st 2011, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

mandm65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
..because as you have figured out most of these posters with low post counts, have an agenda. The last few positive posters I am sure are people who are directly or indirectly connected to the company and are talking the place up.
You are not wrong in your assessment, its very easy for anyone, in fact even al-hamra employee to create a factious ID and post positive comments, i had a good chuckle when i read that prices are holding.

Having said that we are not all dubious people here so you really have to have balance in your response as it would be unfair to tarnish all with the same brush.
cheers
Old Nov 21st 2011, 11:21 am
Just Joined

HappyHamra is an unknown quantity at this point

If only I did work for al hamra , then I would not have lost 50% of my properties value and also would not be in a struggle to get funds to repay the remaining 40%. Still think its a great place And will keep on convincing myself so. Hope to be back in the new year so will try and update positive or negative we shall see
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by royalbreeze-ibi
The area originally designed for a cooker has been covered by worktop instead. There's no pretty solution we could think of.
Get a hob that sits in a worktop cut out with an oven/grill unit underneath. Much prettier in my opinion.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

kitty001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T.Mo
Hi All
We have also just returned to the UK today after our handover in RB 5 again there were a few snags all pretty much cosmetic and these are in the system for sorting, then engineers and staff in RB5 were very helpful and considerate.
The road along the beach side is being improved every day and there has been a lot of work on it during our week stay also the beach for residents is taking shape nicely with a concrete walkway down to it with lights on the wall for night. The landscaping is coming along well and the workers seem to be working day and night on the planting etc round the RB buildings.

Yes the office staff could perhaps be a bit more helpful but if you persevere they get there eventually and even managed to give us a smile or two - perhaps that was because we were leaving! but all in all our trip was much better than expected and the apartment is fantastic.

Cheers
T.Mo
Hi, I too am in RB5. I was originally in RB6 but swapped to RB5 as Al Hamra not completing RB6. I would like to know if anyone is in the same situation as myself. I have been presented with a new contract, which I am reluctant to sign. Al Hamra are insisting I sign as they say the old contract is obsolete and it is a formality or I forfeit the apt. There are a couple of new articles. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks all
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Eileen Elizabeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T.Mo
Hi
I am new to this site we have an apartment in RB5 also and have been asked for the final payment. We are going to look on 7th November but Al Hamra are insisting on the money up front and wont let us take an International Bankers Draft or they will charge us for this and it will take "weeks" to process according to them. Getting help and answers from them is impossible. We asked about "Land Registration" to be told we didn't need it as its optional but if we want it more charges!
Has anyone taken over an apartment yet? Any comments would help.
we are happy to join a "protest" group.
Cheers all
Had a meeting with Ranjan Ghosh in September regarding consolidating and he would not enter into any discussions, had two apartment in RB6 then moved to RB5 and then RB4. Visited property and thought finish was very poor, and despite what has been said on this site have been told by Ranjan that they are not worth anything like the off plan purchase price in January 2007 (450K for studio and &)%k for a one bed, both sea facing)

Last edited by Eileen Elizabeth; Dec 5th 2011 at 3:44 pm. Reason: .
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Gulfstreamaviator is an unknown quantity at this point

as a resident of Alhamra, but phase 1.......i wish to just ask what the guestimated resale value a studio/1/2/3 bedroom would be in RB.

As an aside, I have had continuous repairs to every water service facility in my TH.

From the roof tank leaking to the toilet fill just decomposing. all water heaters have been replaced at least once.

There is a new English Chief Engineer just hireed directly on His Highnesses orders, whose brif is to get Al Hamra up to speck....

We will see.

gsa
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gulfstreamaviator
As an aside, I have had continuous repairs to every water service facility in my TH. From the roof tank leaking to the toilet fill just decomposing. all water heaters have been replaced at least once.

gsa

How old is your property? I guess the phase I is probably a few years old by now? BTW did you have to pay for those replacement?
Is there a problem with specific make/model of water heaters?
Apprecaite your input.
cheers
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:36 am
Just Joined

The original units were those behind Spinneys.....

Built 5 years ago....

Within 2 years the lift and pressure pumps had all been replaced, for most of the units.

After 1 year, (or so), we were advised that the guarantee for the units was now expired and all mtce required could be addressed to Al Mamra Maintenance Department.

The water heaters are all Ariston, a well know British name, but country of manufacture, I do not know. I have had all mine changed at my expense, 500 aeds per unit, in round figures. Each time the relevent room flooded, and damage to the fitted units.

Most other long term residents have changed fittings too, as well as the float valuves on the roof top tanks. (twice).
As mentioned many other water related problems.
All caused in my opinion by low quality materials, by low quality build techiques, combined with the lowest possible quality labour.

I currently expect the hot water pipe supplying the kitchen sink, to fail due to corrosion.

I am told by those wiser that so called Stainless Steel, rather than copper is used, and the low quality SS contains iron, which rusts, and causes the break down.
Combined by the very acidic water, a major problem to be expected in all properties after 3-4 years.

Rant over.

Glf
Old Dec 18th 2011, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response/rant mate, i have Ariston boiler at home and they seems to be going quite well, i could only assume that these are probably made for different region/market hence the different spec/quality!

I guess quite a few of us here are in position where we are about to or have just taken over the property so is there anything we could do to minimise the problems coming our way later? I understand there is nothing can be done about low quality materials, low quality build techniques/labour but is there anything one could do as part of snagging process?
Cheers
Old Dec 18th 2011, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Default Royal Breeze Al Hamra RAK Snagging

Therein lies the problem.

A good surveyor is the answer. But finding one with an accreditation qualification for the area is the problem.

The building society serveyor is a waste of space, as is his report.

Quality of materials is the major problem.

The quality of finish of the work is not up to any European standard, and never will be so to judge to that expectation is impossible.

My own opinion is that my house has a standing life of 10 years........I bought not as an investment but a home, should I break even upon resale then I would be very happy..... (Dreams, these days I know).

The real practical answer is to see what repair/replacement insurance plan that Al Hamra are offering these days, after the one year warrantee period.

I do feel that the annual maintenance costs that I pay are good value for money.

Perhaps a key to MY communal swimming pool, might be a nice Christmas present.

As a last resort a owners organization, with one or two "professional" members would be a big advantage, as I am sure I am not the only owner with problems.
A concierge service would also be a big benefit, as so many properties are either unoccupied, or weekend occupied (and seasonal).

glf
Old Dec 25th 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

I am new to this thread. My agent has taken delivery of my studio in RB1 and has told me it is very difficult to let and if I wanted to sell the price I could get for it is no more than 150000aed. This is because of the sheer number of units on the market. Any thoughts anyone?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Debs72
Hi, I am also new to this thread... I had just purchased a townhouse at Al Hamra Village. I have searched forums regarding this area and thanks I found this forum which enables me to get ideas. After reading your comments, we decided to have property snagging before we moved in. Really, a big help to have it snagged first because a lot of defects found, I am waiting for the final report so we could submit it to the developer. Thanks to my friend who recommends Mr. Abdul (the engineer) who inspected our property, he is very professional and reliable. He also offers me a reasonable price. You can contact this number if you want to have a professional snagging in your properties, +9714 3808707.
This post appear to be similar to what a spam post would look like!!
Old Jan 28th 2012, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Guys
If i recall somone was going to have their handover in Jan, anyone?
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.