Reload this Page >

Royal Breeze Al Hamra RAK

Royal Breeze Al Hamra RAK

Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:43 am
Just Joined

T.Mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Breeze Al Hamra RAK

Thanks for your reply.
I have just heard about a friend who has inspected Royal Breeze and found cracks in tiles etc Also kitchen with no cooker and no facility to put one in, they have put the plugs for everything in one place which means running cables to things over the sink! When they put in their snagging list they were told to join the queue and it could take up to a year but they had to pay the final amount first!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Thommo67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Went out to RB yesterday to do final inspection on purchased studio apartment. What a disaster !!!
The apartment was a mess. Numerous cracked tiles. All finishes looked as if you had left a group of 3 year old kids with a bucket of paint and let them do some hand painting. Ceiling area around the A/C outlets a disgrace. Most doors and fixtures with signs of damage.
Raced back to the Al Hamra offices only to be told that they will only fix snags once final payment received. WTF !!! Also told that additional 2% needs to be payed for government registration.
Seriously thinking of binning the whole thing and not throwing more good money at it! Need to sleep on it for a few more nights.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

sebs is an unknown quantity at this point

don't pay. al hamra won't do anything after you've paid. everyone's best chance is to hold off the final payment, be firm with them. they will cave. i'm not paying and I know that the others i know who have RB units are also holding off.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

kitty001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thommo67
Went out to RB yesterday to do final inspection on purchased studio apartment. What a disaster !!!
The apartment was a mess. Numerous cracked tiles. All finishes looked as if you had left a group of 3 year old kids with a bucket of paint and let them do some hand painting. Ceiling area around the A/C outlets a disgrace. Most doors and fixtures with signs of damage.
Raced back to the Al Hamra offices only to be told that they will only fix snags once final payment received. WTF !!! Also told that additional 2% needs to be payed for government registration.
Seriously thinking of binning the whole thing and not throwing more good money at it! Need to sleep on it for a few more nights.
Anybody out there seriously considering defaulting?
Also to anyone who was required to swap from Bldg 6 to Bldg 5 - have you noticed the differences and signed the new contract ?
How can you delay final payment without incurring late fees?
Keep in touch......
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Surely if we don't pay which is tempting we are in default of contract and they keep the apartments + the monies already paid? Any comments anyone?:
The whole thing seems to be getting worse with each person that goes to look.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

sebs is an unknown quantity at this point

It's in their interest to get the payment from you rather than the apartment as they can't sell them. Secondly, retaining the apartment will involve a long and lengthy legal process for them, they can't just keep it.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Thommo67 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not really care what they do with it.
There are a lot of long term considerations with RB. My main problem is what the place will look like in 5 years time. They have shown a total disregard towards what you think about the place at a time when they are trying to close the contracts. How do you think there attitude will be in the future ?
I am trying to do really basic maths on the place. I owe around 20% of the original value. I cannot sell it today for that amount.(That I owe) Why sit around for years in hope that things will change ? I live in the UAE and do not see myself driving up there every few weeks to stay there, just to justify my investment. Life is too short for that sort of BS.
I need to find out the legal implications of turning my back on the place.
Sorry for being so negative, but Al Hamra could have made a difference to my attitude towards the place if they wanted to. They don't care, but I care about that remaining 20%.

Last edited by Thommo67; Oct 27th 2011 at 6:21 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:49 am
Just Joined

I have just received the following from Ranjan after numerous e.mails asking for answers...

Refundable deposit is collected for the Electricity and Water Meter provided by the Utility Provider for your unit. The utility provider for Royal Breeze is RAK Investment Authority.

The Association Fee is the Project Maintenance Fee as per Article 9 of your Sales Agreement and the components are explained in Article 9. It covers the common area of the building and the Village and the services like cleaning, landscaping, security etc.

The Annual Project Managent Fee or Association Fee is calculated at AED10 per sq ft for your apartment. It has been charged till Dec 31, 2012 in the case of Royal Breeze and thereafter it will be charged annually in the Jan to Dec cycle.

This fee will increase from the second year onwards to account for the Association Fee will increase from second year onwards due to the inclusion of the Annual Maintenance Contracts that need to be put in place for the Chillers, AC system, Elevators and other hard services like FA&FF etc which have not been accounted for in the first year as they are under warranty. The fee for the next year will be communicated to you prior to Jan 1, 2013.

The Electricity and water connection fee is based on the designed KVA load for your unit and is multiplied by the rate per KVA (AED1200) as provided by the Utility provider. This is a one time charge. The power for Royal Breeze is being provided by RAK Investment Authority who supplies power to the industries in RAK Free Trade Zone. While the power to the phase will be supplied by RAK Investment Authority, the monthly consumption bill will be from Al Hamra Real Estate Development LLC. The rate card fro FEWA for Electricity Connection is attached for your review

In the Northern Emirates there is a shortage of Power and Water from the concerned authorities and this is an issue that has been addressed at the highest level within UAE. In Ras Al Khaimah the electricity and water connection charge has always been collected from all owners at the time of handover since 2004 onwards. This is a charge which is also clearly mentioned in your Sales Agreement - Article 8-5.

We do not provide any white goods for the apartment. Same has to be procured by you or your tenant. I had asked about the lack of cookers

Thanks & Best Regards

Ranjan Ghosh
Old Oct 28th 2011, 2:15 pm
Nam
Just Joined

Nam is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a lot of long term considerations with RB. My main problem is what the place will look like in 5 years time. They have shown a total disregard towards what you think about the place at a time when they are trying to close the contracts. How do you think there attitude will be in the future ?
I am trying to do really basic maths on the place. I owe around 20% of the original value. I cannot sell it today for that amount.(That I owe) Why sit around for years in hope that things will change ? I live in the UAE and do not see myself driving up there every few weeks to stay there, just to justify my investment. Life is too short for that sort of BS.
Sorry for being so negative, but Al Hamra could have made a difference to my attitude towards the place if they wanted to. They don't care, but I care about that remaining 20%.
You have already paid 80%, you could let your unit for the next four or five years time, I am sure that the market will recover in four or five years time. They have completed the project with our money and walking away is exactly what the Al hamra management team wish!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

kitty001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand where you are coming from...I have been there myself. Yesterday I was defaulting, today I am considering going ahead with completion. Tomorrow ....As Nam says 80% is already paid. The best we can do is 'talk up our property' and hope for a sale or rent. I was advised - once all the distressed sales go ahead (6 months) we will be more aware of the market value.
Just in case - are we just venting or does anyone know about legal advice in Dxb or Rak ?

Kind regards
Old Oct 30th 2011, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

mandm65 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is fantastic news that we have a little group setup and happy to share our experience.

kitty001 - Yes i have been through this but at of the day we make decisions based on 'our' parameters so what i think is a best way forward may not suit others but its best to share your experience.

T.Mo - The letter you received i believe its standard letter they sent out to everyone, listing/justifying their exuberant charges, what a shame about the cooker/white goods!!

Thommo67 - You are absolutely right they have shown total disregard towards investors, it seems they just have tunnel vision and don’t want to see out or do not want to accept reality. As far their attitude going forward, well that can be determined when you have community build up there, at the moment we are just 'individuals' and it’s easy to give fibs to individuals!!
Old Oct 30th 2011, 8:33 am
Just Joined

disappointed07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Royal Breeze Al Hamra RAK

I have also completed my handover inspection.What a joke.How in the hell was I that stupid to invest in this circus is beyond me.They have a total disregard for the customer.My main concern is the future.Under Al HAMRA I have grave concerns.Obviously we will never get our money back in this decade.I suppose it's a matter of deciding the size of the loss you are willing to directly absorb.

I can see Thommo's point from the stress angle.I think I will do the same rather than throw good money after bad.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

mandm65 is an unknown quantity at this point

To read post like this really shatters a little confidence you have built up
But that’s reality and we must acknowledge people's honesty!!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:40 am
Just Joined

SunnyK is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure what are they planning to do. Today, I have been hit by a surprise. Al Hamra team says:

Please note that the Premium was paid by you to Global Real Estate Development LLc and cannot be accounted as a part of payments received by Al Hamra Real Estate Development LLC towards amounts due on your apartment.

Al Hamra staff is now splitting the paid amount into (a) Al Hamra LLC and (b) agent commission – to show that as a %, we have cleared little dues of AlHamra!

Any similar cases? I am also one of the prospective defaulters – and need a group of people (at least 100) to lobby with higher management.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:34 am
Just Joined

aligoldy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi People,

I have read your threads and I feel exactly the same.

I have been told that the snagging list will not be done for a minimum of a year and once done it appears a five year old has done it!

I have also recently received a letter from Alhamra Mr. Karam Al Sadeq stating Im in breach of my contract and if I don't make the final payment I will forfeit the deposited money.

I feel this is a tactic to get the money from people. Clearly I'm not the only person not making the final payment judging from the threads on this site and also from friends whom have informed me the same thing.

Has anyone approached the RAK version of RERA? Could someone please inform me if they have.

We all need to stick together and not let them try to bully us into final payment afterall we have been waiting patiently they have used our money for alternate means and delayed the project and now they are demanding payment!!

This is unacceptable as you can see around the worl people are standing up for their rights against these type of strategies and behaviours conducted by large corporations and institutions.

We should all approach the RAK version of RERA and demand an outcome suitable! RAK is much smaller and a much smaller problem than Dubai.

PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME KNOW IF THEY HAVE APPROACHED RAK RERA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.