British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Room 101 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/room-101-a-887443/)

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 20th 2017 9:56 am

Re: Room 101

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1 (Post 12342153)
People who bring their rugrats to work.

For the past 3 hours I've been listening to an 11 month old shrieking the place down.

And...

People who choose to have kids, maybe even more than just one or two and then spend their entire waking day moaning about kids and telling you how hard it is to have kids.

hnd Sep 20th 2017 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12342221)
And...

People who choose to have kids, maybe even more than just one or two and then spend their entire waking day moaning about kids and telling you how hard it is to have kids.

Spot on :thumbup:

Millhouse Sep 20th 2017 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12342221)
And...

People who don't have kids who think it's easy to have kids.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 20th 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12342288)
People who don't have kids who think it's easy to have kids.

Nobody who doesn't have kids thinks it's easy......They're reminded every time they meet someone who has kids already that it's the hardest thing on earth etc.

Made in Sheffield 1 Sep 24th 2017 8:05 am

At a till in Park & Shop DIP yesterday when three women stood behind me. I was still putting shopping on the belt when one of them stood in front of me and put her stuff down between mine.

I looked at her in a ‘what the hell do you think you’re doing” kind of way. She just giggled and said “it’s ok”. I got hold of her shopping and put it behind mine.

I don’t think it was the Aldi effect when someone doesn’t have a lot to be scanned so they’re let in front (the lady on the till was still scanning my shopping).
I don’t think she was wanting me to pay for her stuff because she’d already got her money ready.

I’m still trying to figure it out.

DXBtoDOH Sep 24th 2017 8:21 am

Did she have blond hair?

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1 (Post 12345072)
At a till in Park & Shop DIP yesterday when three women stood behind me. I was still putting shopping on the belt when one of them stood in front of me and put her stuff down between mine.

I looked at her in a ‘what the hell do you think you’re doing” kind of way. She just giggled and said “it’s ok”. I got hold of her shopping and put it behind mine.

I don’t think it was the Aldi effect when someone doesn’t have a lot to be scanned so they’re let in front (the lady on the till was still scanning my shopping).
I don’t think she was wanting me to pay for her stuff because she’d already got her money ready.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 24th 2017 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1 (Post 12345072)

Good on you. I'd say it makes a difference but it probably doesn't. These people (rude people) will always push in or be rude if they can get away with it.

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 21st 2018 8:58 am

Slopey ****ing shoulders in work.

IKnowNothing Feb 21st 2018 9:52 am

Have we done people walking around malls talking very loudly into their phone while wearing a hearing aid thingy.

If not right in.

jam25mack Feb 22nd 2018 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12447270)
Slopey ****ing shoulders in work.

Ahhh the old teflon shoulders...... we have one of those in our team which is a massive shame as hes something of an industry genius and he really doesn't need to be such a fanny!

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 22nd 2018 6:01 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12448059)
Ahhh the old teflon shoulders...... we have one of those in our team which is a massive shame as hes something of an industry genius and he really doesn't need to be such a fanny!

It's all the most senior people too. They're bollock-less ****tards who are just terrified.

Bahtatboy Feb 22nd 2018 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12448084)
It's all the most senior people too. They're bollock-less ****tards who are just terrified.

Well, to be logical, it's pretty pointless having teflon coating if you're at the bottom of the pile because there's nowhere lower for the shit to fall.

Most aren't terrified -- just callous, out of touch, and willing to chuck any empathy they ever felt out of the window.

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 22nd 2018 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 12448122)
Well, to be logical, it's pretty pointless having teflon coating if you're at the bottom of the pile because there's nowhere lower for the shit to fall.

Most aren't terrified -- just callous, out of touch, and willing to chuck any empathy they ever felt out of the window.

True, but the slippery nature of letting middle managers make decisions and then blaming them or taking the credit is just ****ing pathetic. It's all far too prevalent at the moment.

The market's a bit tough, people need wins and to be secure so they're happy dodging bullets, pointing fingers and claiming successes that aren't theirs. Real shame.

Got told to be careful earlier this week by my boss, even if he did laugh originally....I asked for some help on behalf of a junior person on a project. I couldn't answer the question because I didn't know for sure. Asked a senior person and the response was "not my problem". I was pretty surprised and don't get on with this bell end at the best of times but said it was for so-and-so and we needed some help because I think the answer is X and need to be sure...response..."I just said, not my problem", delivered with a big grin and a **** off kind of attitude that arrogance provides in heaps.

I got a chuckle from the boss because I just stood there and muttered "**** it. I'll just guess then if you can't be bothered".

He was pretty unhappy but when my boss laughed at his blustering and chest puffing after the indignation of me responding at all, and when another ops director listening laughed he had no choice but to back down and help by providing a two word answer.

Got me back yesterday by peppering me for no reason in front of a few people though so got to be careful of these pricks.

This week can't end soon enough...

Millhouse Feb 22nd 2018 8:27 am

I have a colleague who I call Teflon openly, especially to his face.

ExpatAl Feb 22nd 2018 8:47 am

Bad posture - can't stand it. Even mentioned to the missus that we wouldn't be together if she had a hunch. Or scraping the feet whilst walking (seems to be particularly prevalent amongst the Filipino community...)

I think I just get annoyed by a complete lack of care by an individual. In the way you carry yourself, deal with others and practice common courtesy (especially on the roads!)