Room 101

Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:59 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101

Originally Posted by jam25mack

Nah, they shouldn't be in 010.... they should be in 101. That place is perfect for spelling / grammer nazis. Its a forum FFS. Not all of us have time / inclination to re-read everything 2-3 times to ensure everything is tickety boo!
No, in 010, I was brought up, and taught correct grammar and English usage, and it annoys me to hell when people get it wrong, spelling there is absolutely no excuse as BE has a spell checker. I do exclude dyslexics from these comments.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I periodically get emails with links to photos of recent events hosted by my old school's OB association. I usually don't pay much attention to the emails but during today's lunch I did open the link of the most recent email and and saw a bunch of former mates at a recent dinner. Some I knew well (once upon a time) and others I remember well enough from the other years.

Shit.

People have aged.

What does that mean about me?

(hurries to closest mirror for a painful self-analysis).
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I periodically get emails with links to photos of recent events hosted by my old school's OB association. I usually don't pay much attention to the emails but during today's lunch I did open the link of the most recent email and and saw a bunch of former mates at a recent dinner. Some I knew well (once upon a time) and others I remember well enough from the other years.

Shit.

People have aged.

What does that mean about me?

(hurries to closest mirror for a painful self-analysis).

I recently did the same, bugger some people age really badly...but having said that when I was in my twenties people in there fifties looked positively ancient and knackered!!!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
I recently did the same, bugger some people age really badly...but having said that when I was in my twenties people in there fifties looked positively ancient and knackered!!!
They still do.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Some people do age badly. (or more quickly). Others are still youthful enough and I'm including myself in this category well, ok, I'm still the same weight I was at 18, so there

People tend to age at similar rates and with not too much overall change between ages 20 and 35ish (unless they get positively fat or ***** up with drugs/booze). But 35 to 40 is when you really start seeing the ageing on just about everyone. There's not much difference between a 24 and a 34 unless you look closely. But the difference between 28 and 38 is noticeable. Those who still look fit and youngish only do so because they put in enormous amounts of energy into staying healthy and fit.

I used to be hit upon by 40-somethings when I was in my 20s and thought they were disgusting and gross. When I look back I now realise they were actually quite good looking. And probably a lot better in bed than those my age

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Sep 19th 2017 at 12:15 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No, in 010, I was brought up, and taught correct grammar and English usage, and it annoys me to hell when people get it wrong, spelling there is absolutely no excuse as BE has a spell checker. I do exclude dyslexics from these comments.
Whats 'spelling' in there for?.... You're are correct, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever!

So, you have a bee in your bonnet about spelling, whereas others, like myself have bees in our bonnets about other things. However, if we pointed our issues out we would be viewed as being pedantic wankers, and so I have no idea why it being spelling or grammar related should make any difference whatsoever.

As I say, I generally bash out posts on here in minutes and haven't got the time or the inclination to check the finer nuances are correct. However, if its a piece I'm writing for work then that's a different matter entirely.

They pay me, Be doesn't. Priorities....
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

But the difference between 28 and 38 is noticeable. Those who still look fit and youngish only do so because they put in enormous amounts of energy into telling you they are staying healthy and fit.
Corrected for you.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

True they're the bores of the 21st century. So I shouldn't tell you all about my 2.5km daily swim?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Corrected for you.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

True they're the bores of the 21st century. So I shouldn't tell you all about my 2.5km daily swim?
No, don't mind at all. It's polite and nice to be interested in someone else's interests.

But drag it out and turn it into a boring 20min long protracted preach / life lesson / unwanted advice about crossfit juice diet paleo bodyweight fat% marathon running feel good factor type things and I'll yawn in your face so you know how boring it is

Put it another way. Would you want me to talk to you about my golf swing, my short game, my putting and some specific hole-stories from my last few rounds for 20min? I'd bore myself. (I wouldn't. I ****ing love my swing).
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Things that are of no interest:

1. Other people's diets
2. Other people's health issues
3. Other people's hobbies
4. Other people's political views
5. Other people's children (and grandchildren and nieces/nephews)
6. Other people's holidays

No, don't mind at all. It's polite and nice to be interested in someone else's interests.

But drag it out and turn it into a boring 20min long protracted preach / life lesson / unwanted advice about crossfit juice diet paleo bodyweight fat% marathon running feel good factor type things and I'll yawn in your face so you know how boring it is

Put it another way. Would you want me to talk to you about my golf swing, my short game, my putting and some specific hole-stories from my last few rounds for 20min? I'd bore myself. (I wouldn't. I ****ing love my swing).
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

Things that are of no interest:

1. Other people's diets
2. Other people's health issues
3. Other people's hobbies
4. Other people's political views
5. Other people's children (and grandchildren and nieces/nephews)
6. Other people's holidays
Yes and no.

I like holidays so would be interested to hear about a trip my friend might have taken.

It's the tipping point from telling you about how cool something is to preaching. Like trying to make you take up swimming or have kids or go to somewhere or to quit eating something etc.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

They still do.
Remind me to kick you in the balls, when I finally meet you lot at the meet up!!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Remind me to kick you in the balls, when I finally meet you lot at the meet up!!
Hahahahaha
Old Sep 20th 2017, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

People who bring their rugrats to work.

For the past 3 hours I've been listening to an 11 month old shrieking the place down.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Tell her it is hungry, you might get a flash of side boob!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.