Room 101

Old Dec 12th 2016, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101

1. People that wear backpacks in confined spaces (Metro & Lifts),and the invariably turn around swiping all and sundry in the process, and are totally unaware in their own little world.
2. People in the same spaces that have shite headphones,and play their crap music at full blast so everyone gets a disjointed noise.
3. People that insist on walking 4 abreast in shopping malls etc and do it at a snails pace!
4.Idiots that try and get on the Metro when you are getting off (you will not win)!
5. People in cars that insist on cutting in at the last moment to turn off, and the standard excuse of "but I was indicating" arrrggghhhhh definitely not getting in front of me!
6. People that do not acknowledge that you have held the door open for them, and swan straight through without a kiss my ass or thank you!!
7. And finally those people that for some reason only get calls from deaf people so that causes them to shout down the phone!!
Old Dec 12th 2016, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
1. People that wear backpacks in confined spaces (Metro & Lifts),and the invariably turn around swiping all and sundry in the process, and are totally unaware in their own little world.
2. People in the same spaces that have shite headphones,and play their crap music at full blast so everyone gets a disjointed noise.
3. People that insist on walking 4 abreast in shopping malls etc and do it at a snails pace!
4.Idiots that try and get on the Metro when you are getting off (you will not win)!
5. People in cars that insist on cutting in at the last moment to turn off, and the standard excuse of "but I was indicating" arrrggghhhhh definitely not getting in front of me!
6. People that do not acknowledge that you have held the door open for them, and swan straight through without a kiss my ass or thank you!!
7. And finally those people that for some reason only get calls from deaf people so that causes them to shout down the phone!!

I have absolutely zero objections to these going in.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Blokes who get there eyebrows waxed - need chinning
Old Dec 12th 2016, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

People who don't even bother using headphones when listening to some Bollywood rubbish on a packed metro. Have they no shame?
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Yes, definitely yes, yes, yes, yes, OH GOD YES, yes.

You've come up with a spectacular list there. My blood is boiling reading it.

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Blokes who get there eyebrows waxed - need chinning
Straight in.

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
People who don't even bother using headphones when listening to some Bollywood rubbish on a packed metro. Have they no shame?
I shouted at a 'kid' maybe a 'teen' at the luggage carousel in T3 the other day...for insisting on playing music loudly out of his phone. He had to hold it at chest height and just listened / sang along.
A few people tutted (inc me) but it didn't work. However "Oi" on it's own, worked perfectly.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:25 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Bullies - in all shapes and sizes, but especially school bullies and teachers who ignore the bullying thinking "boys will be boys". ****wits.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yes, definitely yes, yes, yes, yes, OH GOD YES, yes.

You've come up with a spectacular list there. My blood is boiling reading it.

Straight in.

I shouted at a 'kid' maybe a 'teen' at the luggage carousel in T3 the other day...for insisting on playing music loudly out of his phone. He had to hold it at chest height and just listened / sang along.
A few people tutted (inc me) but it didn't work. However "Oi" on it's own, worked perfectly.
I'm extremely English and just do a passive aggressive sigh. Doesn't work though. I'll try your advice next time.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Bullies - in all shapes and sizes, but especially school bullies and teachers who ignore the bullying thinking "boys will be boys". ****wits.
Straight in.

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
I'm extremely English and just do a passive aggressive sigh. Doesn't work though. I'll try your advice next time.
I did the tutting first...and the look of shock that someone could be so uncouth. Didn't work though.

True story - at Meydan last season a guy brazenly walked up and down queue for urinals and slid in front of me. Tapped him on the head with my race card. Turned around all angry, looked up, apologised before I could tell him why I was 'contacting' him. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. Perhaps some folk are just so used to others not saying anything that they continue anyway. Who cares is a stranger thinks you're a wanker? You're through and done anyway...
Old Dec 12th 2016, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Not much of an issue here but people with umbrellas in busy streets determined to pop your eye out.

Bar wankers - money wavers, pushers in, folk who order several drinks one at a time....

Cigar smokers - cigarettes are bad enough but EVERYONE even cigarette smokers hate cigar smokers.

Arsenal fans.

Dubai red tape.

Women who think they are so stunning that they are entitled to the world.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Not much of an issue here but people with umbrellas in busy streets determined to pop your eye out.

Bar wankers - money wavers, pushers in, folk who order several drinks one at a time....

Cigar smokers - cigarettes are bad enough but EVERYONE even cigarette smokers hate cigar smokers.

Arsenal fans.

Dubai red tape.

Women who think they are so stunning that they are entitled to the world.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

All in.
Cigar one only because it's other smokers. I do enjoy a cigar occasionally.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 11:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

People who add twee affirmations and "motivational" phrases to the end of their emails.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
People who add twee affirmations and "motivational" phrases to the end of their emails.
Straight in
Old Dec 12th 2016, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

People who dodge their turn at the bar , if you don't want a buy a round of drinks stay indoors with the cat or drink alone .

Also the people who divide a restaurant bill into who had tomato sauce with their chips . if you can't afford the starter then tough shite !
Old Dec 12th 2016, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp.

And can we lock the door now please?

From the outside obviously.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow

Straight down the chute.

Originally Posted by co durham boy
People who dodge their turn at the bar , if you don't want a buy a round of drinks stay indoors with the cat or drink alone .

Also the people who divide a restaurant bill into who had tomato sauce with their chips . if you can't afford the starter then tough shite !
100% yes. Awful people.

Second point - yes and no. There's a fine line between splitting things evenly because you're all buddies and had roughly the same and then being on the wrong end of an even split and ending up paying out for someone else's dinner - which I wouldn't want to do.

But in general, moaning and faffing over the bill can go straight in. Pay up, money in for tip and let's go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.