Room 010

Old Jul 11th 2017, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 010

Originally Posted by Scamp
Politely, I'll agree to disagree with you here. I like fine foods, I like cheap nasty food....but I believe the roast to be totally overrated because it is far too much effort for a plate of vegetables. Eating one out involves a plate of badly cooked or average vegetables, dry meat and terrible potatoes. I'd have to come to your house to have a decent one (apparently) and that only goes to put the full stop on my point - they're not worth the hassle.

Put one in front of me and I'll enjoy it if it's good (My step-mother was a fantastic home cook who's roasts were about the only ones I'd ever consider eating.....and they didn't come with oval-pan fried Egyptian smoked twice washed brussels, stuffed king edward herb crusted helmets and basting of the underside of a truffled jam puree and other genuine Heston-inspired bollocks because once you introduce that stuff you're forcing someone to say it's incredible). Taking normal flavours of a 'mainstay' and flowering them up as more than they are is exactly what fancy is.

However, 99 out of 100 are going to be bang average plates of veg which have been cooked by someone who now regrets starting it.

Chicken being the bottom of the pile. Beef is the tallest dwarf and in first spot. Crackling is very hard to do so Pork goes third. Lamb is tasty and goes second for me, but that's because I love beef, Lamb probably deserves top spot I reckon.
:r ofl:
Old Jul 11th 2017, 9:49 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Coming back from 2-5 down to win the set,
particularly if it also means winning the match
against a mouthy trash-talking opponent
on a questionable line-call but agreed rules said your challenge prevailed...
(increasing levels of ecstasy but even the basic one definitely belongs).
Old Jul 11th 2017, 9:52 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

John Terry's penalty miss in the 2008 Champions league final
Old Jul 11th 2017, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

[/RIGHT]
Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Old Jul 11th 2017, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Among the roast meats I must admit to preferring a proper roast chicken the most. The juice is brilliant. My mum does a great one. But it's simple. Stick a lemon up the bum, season the chicken and cavity and pop it into the oven. No need for any basters or fat on the skin for, after all, it is chicken! It has enough of its own fat to baste itself. Goose is also brilliant.

Lamb comes next.

Then pork and rib roast. A standing rib roast is a magnificent beast to look at but I don't find it terribly exciting. My mum goes for nice pink interior and the only way that successfully works means the beef is served at a tepid temperature. Despite that she always gets high quality beef I usually end up enjoying the horseradish the most.

As for the trimmings, don't need a lot of them. There's a trend towards fussy trimmings gussied up but nine times out of time they end up saturated in fat and butter and strong bacon flavouring, which defeats the purpose for me. A simple steamed or blanched veg or two and a big salad is ideal though not the standard. Not a fan of potatoes other than in the chips or rosti form, so I like rice with the roast chicken. Chicken juice dribbled over the rice is Cornbread stuffing is also brilliant with chicken or turkey.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Among the roast meats I must admit to preferring a proper roast chicken the most. The juice is brilliant. My mum does a great one. But it's simple. Stick a lemon up the bum, season the chicken and cavity and pop it into the oven. No need for any basters or fat on the skin for, after all, it is chicken! It has enough of its own fat to baste itself. Goose is also brilliant.
totally agree...i too luv a chicken roast with good gravy that is cooked from scratch...none of that bistro bollocks. As for trimmings, it has to come with roasted potatoes, cauliflower & cheese and some lightly boiled carrots.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

My favourite Sunday dinner is.....

Roast pork with crackling (crunchy or chewy, I don't mind. Love the stuff), roast and mash taters, cauliflower with the leaves (wish supermarkets wouldn't hack these off), sprouts, Yorkshires (plain and seasoned), stuffing, gravy and cheese sauce.

Also with parsnips and pigs in blankets if it's Christmas.

Used to love my mum and mum in law's dinners. Both completely different but both bloody lovely.

For tea we'd have cold pork, my dad's home cooked chips, piccalilli and Yorkshire pickle (cucumber and onion in malt vinegar)
Old Jul 11th 2017, 10:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Coming back from 2-5 down to win the set,
particularly if it also means winning the match
against a mouthy trash-talking opponent
on a questionable line-call but agreed rules said your challenge prevailed...
(increasing levels of ecstasy but even the basic one definitely belongs).
I sense this is a very personal victory, congratulations.

Yeah, why not.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 11:43 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot beat a Fray Bentos Pie .
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:06 pm
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by jam25mack
[/RIGHT]

And that says something about Terry's insufferability, bearing in mind I am a lifelong ABU-er....
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy

Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Crispy lid, and then what resembles par cooked human skin underneath barf barf
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:50 pm
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Crispy lid, and then what resembles par cooked human skin underneath barf barf
Was briefly part of the conglomerate that used to employ me - I heard some horror stories from people who visited their factory in Hackney (well, need I say more) in the 1980s...
Old Jul 11th 2017, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Totally agree, can I add a dodgy doner after a load of beers?

Large Doner, extra Doner, Extra sauce, no veg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.