Riyadh essentials

Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Brightside is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh essentials

Hi everyone!
I'm going to be moving to Riyadh in the next few weeks (just waiting for the paper work to clear) and as it's my first stint in the ME I was hoping you could advise me on any essentials I need to pack?! I understand that I'll be able to buy most things over there but is there anything you fellow Brits can't live without?! (within reason!!)
Also I'm a big tea drinker (surprise surprise!) How expensive is English tea in the supermarkets over there? I usually take a big stash with me but if it's not much more expensive I can use the precious luggage space for my abayas instead
Thanks!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:13 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of
Default Re: Riyadh essentials

The only thing I found essential was to sort out a connection to a VPN, plenty of posts on the subject on here.

Food generally is cheap, unless you want products not normally imported (Marmite, HP Sauce, the usual British stuff, but which are available). The big supermarkets are well stocked and plenty of choice. Tea will be no problem, they drink it by the bucket over here, but finding decent coffee is an issue if you don't enjoy instant or Turkish.