Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Ridiculous extras on cars

Ridiculous extras on cars

Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ridiculous extras on cars

I've been looking at cars to replace my current banger and becaming increasingly annoyed at things like floor mats being an “option” and having “Himalayian snow accentuation” an option instead of “White”.

I though I'd compile a list of brilliant/bizzare “options”:

Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe, “Star-light” roof...

...£7,300.

Bentley Continental Flying Spur ceramic brake upgrade, £20,000.

Nissan Navaro – You can get a tent to fit on the back.

Honda CRV – Shower attachment .

Ferrari badges for the wings of your ferrari £1000.

You can spec a Mercedes CLS 63 AMG to over £90,000 and still not have Sat-Nav. M – class £2,625 for “offroad” suspension on a 4x4.

Alfa Romeo – You can have a GT or Brera the same colour as an 8c supercar for...£15,255.

TVR charged you for paint regardless of which colour you wanted (Is that really an “option” then?), £500 for basic paint and £1500 for the reflex colours.

But all of these are shadowed compared to the Maybach:
Pamoramic glass sunroof - £6, 140.
Automatic screen between driver and passanger - £12,510
Megaphone that allows you to talk to people outside the car from inside - £940 (Mind you, how great would it be being able to shout at people outside the car “Get out of my way peasants!” without even having to wind down the window)
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:41 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ridiculous extras on cars

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I've been looking at cars to replace my current banger and becaming increasingly annoyed at things like floor mats being an “option” and having “Himalayian snow accentuation” an option instead of “White”.

I though I'd compile a list of brilliant/bizzare “options”:

Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe, “Star-light” roof...
http://www.luxury-insider.com/blog/c...allery_420.jpg
...£7,300.

Nissan Navaro – You can get a tent to fit on the back.

Honda CRV – Shower attachment .

Ferrari badges for the wings of your ferrari £1000.

You can spec a Mercedes CLS 63 AMG to over £90,000 and still not have Sat-Nav. M – class £2,625 for “offroad” suspension on a 4x4.

Alfa Romeo – You can have a GT or Brera the same colour as an 8c supercar for...£15,255.

TVR charged you for paint regardless of which colour you wanted (Is that really an “option” then?), £500 for basic paint and £1500 for the reflex colours.

But all of these are shadowed compared to the Maybach:
Pamoramic glass sunroof - £6, 140.
Automatic screen between driver and passanger - £12,510
Megaphone that allows you to talk to people outside the car from inside - £940 (Mind you, how great would it be being able to shout at people outside the car “Get out of my way peasants!” without even having to wind down the window)
heh, what a great post.

We just paid AED 400 for a chrome tipped exhaust tip for our new jeep, not really in the same league though is it?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:00 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
We just paid AED 400 for a chrome tipped exhaust tip for our new jeep, not really in the same league though is it?
155 quid for a chrome exhaust? I'd be giving your local electroplater a call to see if he'd dip the last couple of inches .
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:35 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

(Mind you, how great would it be being able to shout at people outside the car “Get out of my way peasants!” without even having to wind down the window)
I used to have a CB in one of my cars back in the UK and it had a PA system built in, so stuck a loudspeaker under the bonnet and had some great fun with that. Especially with the little sound effect machine I had installed alongside it.

I remember driving past a group of "Youths" and playing the machine gun sound

They all hit the deck, it was so funny at the time

B
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

155 quid for a chrome exhaust? I'd be giving your local electroplater a call to see if he'd dip the last couple of inches .
snce when was 400 dhs the same as 155 quid
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:04 am
Truth is the safest lie.

My bad, that seems far more reasonable .
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:11 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Talking Re: Ridiculous extras on cars

Originally Posted by Bison
They all hit the deck, it was so funny at the time
Do that in some parts and you could end up with a firearms fight.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:52 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I had a remote starter put in last week....god knows why
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:58 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by MataHari
So you can start it 10 mins before you get into it and hence dont have to get into an oven?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:22 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

So you can start it 10 mins before you get into it and hence dont have to get into an oven?
I don't think it will keep on running that long....
Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:41 pm
W10

If you drove that car hard, you'd be thankful! Stopping two tonnes in a short distance is no mean feat!

I guess if you can afford a Bentley you can afford the extras :-)

Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:52 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
put in where?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:53 pm
why ayeeeee man!

surely starting the car with no-one in is dangerous?
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Sorry? What? Why? Where? I've failed to grasp why this would be perticularly dangerous.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:40 am
hmmmm...nice

lol...it doesn't do anything....it's not like on Knightrider

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.