Repairing cds

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 8:10 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice
Default Repairing cds

Anyone know of anyway of taking scratches out of cds? Well actually out of my wii game disks,my cousin sent mine over from the uk and sent the disks without their box and now none of em play and over here are the wrong region and v expensive,so now I am gameless :curse:
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Repairing cds

Oo My dad just bought something for this.... can't remember for the life of me what its called. Bugger- think it was this one http://www.cdrepair.com/
It fixed all his CD's and dvd's so worth a crack.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:56 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Oo My dad just bought something for this.... can't remember for the life of me what its called. Bugger- think it was this one http://www.cdrepair.com/
Haha...pun intended ?
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

bananas

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2007/08/...hed-cd-or-dvd/
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:18 pm
Roving Donny fan.

glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cypselos
I had heard about the bananas but not tried it,although one I did try was tooth paste (non whitening) but that did not work.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:22 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Going back to blighty soon so may order this for when I get back,it sounds promising,thanks Kitty.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynster
Going back to blighty soon so may order this for when I get back,it sounds promising,thanks Kitty.
I have seen that here! I think it might have been Virgin I saw it.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:54 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have seen that here! I think it might have been Virgin I saw it.
mmm ok thanks for that will hunt down a virgin.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:01 pm
Banned

HeHateMe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glynster
Anyone know of anyway of taking scratches out of cds? Well actually out of my wii game disks,my cousin sent mine over from the uk and sent the disks without their box and now none of em play and over here are the wrong region and v expensive,so now I am gameless :curse:

These are'nt ordinary CD's little buddy. Your games are gone- you might as well start using them as coasters because they cannot be repaired. I've tried everything and even if you get the game to play, it will ivnvariably freeze up on you at a crucial point in whatever game you're playing..Making you want to throw your controller at the TV...
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeHateMe
These are'nt ordinary CD's little buddy. Your games are gone- you might as well start using them as coasters because they cannot be repaired. I've tried everything and even if you get the game to play, it will ivnvariably freeze up on you at a crucial point in whatever game you're playing..Making you want to throw your controller at the TV...
Worth a punt though, got nothing to lose by doing it...and it could work if it's just superficial scratch on the plastic of the disk rather than the shiny metallic part, any scratches there and the data is gone, but a quick buff of the plastic might sort out a small scratch.

I don't know about using glass cleaner though, but filtered water and fair bit of pressure after the abrasive can work pretty well.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:18 pm
Banned

HeHateMe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Worth a punt though
There's nothing more frustrating than battling a football team for an hour, gaining a hard fought win in dynasty mode only to have it lock up before you can save it..Nothing except maybe playing the entire game in sheer terror of it freezing as you're playing it that is.