If you could...

Old Nov 2nd 2017, 6:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default If you could...

...be one of the people to travel to Mars and establish a new colony or whatever, but it meant you'd never get to return, would you be willing to give up your insignificant existence on earth to be hugely significant on Mars? Or would you stay put?

Background:
You're part of a group. They are all alright.
You're going with loads of shit prepared and a super cool base to build / develop.
There's easy communication with home, just a time delay.
You get a sick space suit and buggy thing to drive around.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could...

Originally Posted by Scamp
...be one of the people to travel to Mars and establish a new colony or whatever, but it meant you'd never get to return, would you be willing to give up your insignificant existence on earth to be hugely significant on Mars? Or would you stay put?

Background:
You're part of a group. They are all alright.
You're going with loads of shit prepared and a super cool base to build / develop.
There's easy communication with home, just a time delay.
You get a sick space suit and buggy thing to drive around.
No. I like my parents. And I like Earth.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

If I didn't have kids, I'd be off in a heartbeat. if they could wait 25 years or so, I'd be up for it.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 7:02 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

How hot will the females be that we have to reproduce with?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 7:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

More background:
You take your wife / husband / partner with you to reproduce and argue with.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
No. I like my parents. And I like Earth.
Which do you like more?
One day only one will exist, would you go then?

Originally Posted by Brains1983
If I didn't have kids, I'd be off in a heartbeat. if they could wait 25 years or so, I'd be up for it.
You planning on killing your kids in 24yrs?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Which do you like more?
One day only one will exist, would you go then?

You planning on killing your kids in 24yrs?
No. I like this Earth.

To survive on Mars you'd be living inside controlled facilities with no real sunlight. Imagine not feeling the wind or the sunshine? Imagine not taking a dip in an ocean or lake? Imagine not hearing the rustling sound of leaves underneath your feet as you go for a long walk? Imagine not climbing the Alps and seeing the view? Imagine living in one of those space stations from Star Trek shows. All industrial and sterile.

Besides I have a sister and nephews. I sort of like them. Sort of. Just enough to want to be able to see them periodically.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 8:38 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone is missing the bigger picture here
will there be beer?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 8:42 am
Account Closed

No. I like this Earth.

To survive on Mars you'd be living inside controlled facilities with no real sunlight. Imagine not feeling the wind or the sunshine? Imagine not taking a dip in an ocean or lake? Imagine not hearing the rustling sound of leaves underneath your feet as you go for a long walk? Imagine not climbing the Alps and seeing the view? Imagine living in one of those space stations from Star Trek shows. All industrial and sterile.
Being devils advocate;
Imagine what you could experience on Mars though?
Flip it around, see the opportunity not the history....

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
will there be beer?
Yes. There would have to be beer, parties, fun, some sort of golf course or driving range would be available for use.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 9:02 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
will there be beer?
homebrew
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Being devils advocate;
Imagine what you could experience on Mars though?
Flip it around, see the opportunity not the history....

Yes. There would have to be beer, parties, fun, some sort of golf course or driving range would be available for use.
No. I don't care enough about that to leave Earth. Judging from the pictures we have of Mars it's duller than the Empty Quarter. Fine for a weekend but I'd get bored very quickly. It looks a lot like Wadi Rum and why not just fly to Wadi Rum, and still have the rest of the world's glories to explore. And, of course, I'd miss out on the great cultural stimulation of exploring multiple cultures from Asia to Europe.

Besides, I like anonymous sex very much and I suspect that wouldn't be feasible in the Mars colony What's the Grindr radius up there? Three men?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 10:34 am
Account Closed

No. I don't care enough about that to leave Earth. Judging from the pictures we have of Mars it's duller than the Empty Quarter. Fine for a weekend but I'd get bored very quickly. It looks a lot like Wadi Rum and why not just fly to Wadi Rum, and still have the rest of the world's glories to explore. And, of course, I'd miss out on the great cultural stimulation of exploring multiple cultures from Asia to Europe.

Besides, I like anonymous sex very much and I suspect that wouldn't be feasible in the Mars colony What's the Grindr radius up there? Three men?
I could turn every single point around but I get the feeling you don't want to go.

I might be tempted, with the mrs but I can't imagine she would.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

I could turn every single point around but I get the feeling you don't want to go.
A life sized robot mannequin is not a substitute.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

All i'd need is a squat rack and around 600kg of plates. Would be epic squatting videos of that on my live instagram-earth feed.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
All i'd need is a squat rack and around 600kg of plates. Would be epic squatting videos of that on my live instagram-earth feed.
How big are you, Millhouse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.